A 1st Line IT Support Engineer is required to join an employee owned business providing engineering, design, analysis, project expertise and specialist handling and access equipment to international marine, offshore, subsea and renewable energy markets.
This new role has been created within their IT department at its office located on Boldon Business Park.
Reporting to the London based IT Manager, and working alongside a 1st Line IT Support Engineer in their Aberdeen office, you will be servicing the day to day needs of 30 users principally in the Marine Equipment engineering team, who are office based but who also travel to work away on site in dockyards such as Tees Port and Hartlepool. You will also provide on-line support to users in London, Portsmouth and Aberdeen. This will include providing end-user application support via phone, messaging and service desk software, along with hardware set-up and support.
As it enters an exciting growth period, this company is building its capability to reinforce and grow its position in the Marine, Oil and Gas, Renewables and Defence sectors. This appointment has been created in readiness for expansion into a variety of bespoke projects and due to winning substantial orders.
Your role will be to ensure that users have continuity of IT systems which ensure the business can provide an engineering service which meets their clients' needs, often to tight deadlines.
- Managing the IT Service Desk Incident queue.
- Taking delivery of equipment and checking contents before assembly.
- Setting up new laptops, PCs and users.
- Local and remote support for approx. 150 users on day-to-day technical hardware and software issues.
- Occasional visiting to project offices on customer sites as required.
- Informing all employees of planned IT maintenance.
- Liaising with the IT Team in regular meetings.
- Organising secure disposal and recycling of hardware.
- Any other duties as may be required from time to time by management.
Operating Systems and Software:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 & 2012 Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office 365 or other recent versions of Office
- Knowledge of Design software programmes such as AutoCAD, Solidworks, ANSYS, would be beneficial
Experience (minimum required):
- 1+ year's experience in a similar role, for a similar size organisation
- Evidence of good communications\interpersonal skills
- At least a base knowledge of Microsoft technologies
- Windows 7 and 10 experience essential.
- Hardware installation & repair (Desktops and Laptops)
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Office experience essential.
- Basic understanding of network infrastructure including LANs, WANs and telephony systems.
- Exposure to supporting end-users with varying technical ability.
Excellent benefits package in addition to base salary includes pension, health care, parking, life assurance, 25 days' holiday, pleasant office
Job reference information
||Recruitment Genius Ltd
||Recruitment Genius Ltd
||01732 617 460 (Please reference Dice when calling)