Job Role: Application Support Engineer / IT Support Engineer
Location: London, City
Salary: £45k to £60k + bonus + benefits
Application Support Engineer / IT Support Engineer (Microsoft Windows TCP/IP SQL). Prestigious financial software house is seeking a bright, enthusiastic Application Support Engineer to act as the first point of contact for clients, ensuring that they maximise the potential of this innovative company’s suite of software solutions. This is a superb opportunity to gain valuable knowledge of the commodities market and improve their skillset.
As an Application Support Engineer you will divide your time between support and consultancy. Your responsibilities will include planning, configuring, installing and rolling-out advanced internet based trading exchanges that run on the Microsoft platform and providing high-level technical consultancy to a quality-conscious client base.
Based in the City, this is a technology driven environment that offers a casual dress code and a good work / life balance.
Requirements for an Application Support Engineer / IT Support Engineer:
• Practical experience of networking – TCP/IP and network latency / performance issues
• Good understanding of SQL Server
• Experience in a client-facing role
• Previous experience of Windows Server technologies and the Microsoft office suite
• Excellent record of academic achievement – minimum 2.1 in Computer Science or closely relate technical discipline
• Desirable: experience of supporting mission critical environments, scripting (VBScript, Python), ITIL, C#, knowledge of Commodities markets and trading
As an Application Support Engineer / IT Support Engineer you can expect to earn a highly competitive salary (to £60k), bonus and a comprehensive benefits package including pension and health care.
Send your CV or call for an informal discussion about this Application Support Engineer / IT Support Engineer opportunity.
This Application Support Engineer / IT Support Engineer vacancy is being advertised by Client Server Ltd. Client Server is a leading recruitment consultancy specialising in technical positions in IT, the services advertised are those of an Employment Agency. We recruit across a range of sectors including finance and banking, software houses, innovative technology start-ups, media, telecommunications, eCommerce and consultancies. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Job reference information
||020 7090 2575 (Please reference Dice when calling)