Application Support - Sussex Police - Lewes.
Your new company
Joining Sussex Police means you can be an integral part of helping to prevent crime and protect our community. Police staff carry out vital roles supporting frontline officers and provide an important contribution to our service to the public.
Sussex police serves very diverse communities and covers a county of over one and a half million residents. In addition to this millions of visitors travel through Gatwick every year.
Your new role
- This role is responsible for the delivery of second line IT support, IT maintenance and the delivery of change project work.
- This role will be key in fostering a culture of customer service within the Operations Team
- To undertake activities as directed to assist in ensuring that Surrey and Sussex's Police's ICT systems are fit for purpose through maintaining operational capability and developing new and improved capability
- To support customers' needs by dealing with reported incidents in keeping with SLAs and through undertaking planned ICT routine jobs in a systematic and controlled way
- To maintain an ongoing awareness of the availability and capacity of ICT systems as required and to escalate any concerns as appropriate.
- To identify the root cause of recurring problems through monitoring and reporting trends and incidents in order to reduce or eliminate recurrences
- To maintain effective communication with all stakeholders keeping them informed at all stages.
- To understand and have the ability to risk assess the wider impact of new systems and improvements on the business of Surrey and Sussex Police.
- To collect data and make observations to help identify trends and recurring problems
What you'll need to succeed
You will be experienced in Application Support, with experience in;
- Lifecycle management of applications including installation, configuration and customisation, testing, patching, upgrades, data migration, extracts and decommissioning
- Familiar with the IT infrastructure
- Familiar with scripting languages used to automate administrative tasks, such as VBScript or PowerShell.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.