Established IT Consultancy with offices based in Reading, is currently recruit for a Senior Systems Administrator with Azure (Cloud) & Storage experience.
You will be responsible for 3rd line technical support to external clients & internal employees, assisting them with managed server operating system. You will also focus on application and hardware problems with a focus on Cloud platform and Storage system support, including external cloud platforms like Azure and AWS. Finally, you will provide final point of escalation for the team of Technical Support Engineers.
You will also have strong communication skills, with the ability to work in a high pressure, dynamic and rapidly growing environment.
How your day will look;
- Pro-actively look to improve customer technical services; suggest and implement such improvements both in a process format and via hardware/ software improvements.
- Develop new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability. Train technical staff in how to use new software and hardware developed and/or acquired.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems such as shared cloud and storage systems, along with dedicated devices.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in the area of system administration for complex operating systems.
- Co-operate and work closely with all members of the support team to ensure efficient, productive and high quality technical support and customer service to customers.
- Escalate and liaise with vendors, suppliers or partners where necessary.
- Responsible for proactive updating of customer and resolution to service monitoring alerts to completion.
- Follow escalation processes; tickets to support management and other respective teams as required.
- Support and mentor colleagues within the support team.
- Documentation of incidents for inclusion and updates within the internal Known Error Database (KEDB) and for the customer facing Knowledgebase.
- Manage categories and prioritise all 3rd level tickets. These include problems, queries and requests regarding services as well as internal support functions.
- Work with Pre-Sales and technical architects on new initiatives, supporting the creation of these and ensure training of teams within the support function.
- Project work with infrastructure teams to transform their designs into production environments ready for customer use.
The following skills are required. However, the company will not expect you to have outstanding experience within each category, and will help to provide daily support in areas of weakness;
- Extensive experience as Senior System Administrator, or similar, providing Cloud and Storage platform support.
- Vast amount of experience with supporting large, shared infrastructure environments (Cloud hosting ideally).
- Vast amount of experience with Troubleshooting Enterprise hardware, including storage Systems, focussing on HP brands: MSA/P4000/3PAR.
- Vast amount of experience of installing, configuring and troubleshooting iSCSI and Fibre channel fabrics.
- Vast amount of experience in VMWare ESXi, VMware vCenter (HA/DRS).
Experience within; Hyper-V, SCVMM, HP Server and Blade based systems, VMware vCloud Networking, VMWare vShield Manager and VMWare vCloud Director, will be desirable for the role.
This is an amazing opportunity to join an ambitious service provider in Reading, with significant expansion plans for the coming years. You will join in a high responsibility and business critical role, therefore this is best suited to an individual with real drive and ambition.
As a full-time employee, you will benefit from Bonus, Private Medical, Free Parking, Pension plan, Critical Illness Cover, Income Protection Plan and 25 days holiday per year.
Wish to apply? Please press the 'apply button' or contact me on 01179 103 333.