Big Data & Machine Learning QA Test Engineer (QA, Engineer)
Preferred location HQ or Reading
Oracle is seeking an experienced big data and machine learning QA test engineer to work on the next generation of cloud-based data-driven applications. These applications will use data from Oracle’s Data Cloud, social media and other sources to drive automated outcomes in a number of horizontal and vertical application segments. This is an exciting emerging venture for Oracle, leveraging latest technology in the mobile, big data and cloud application spaces.
Considering that this is an emerging venture within Oracle, the successful candidate for the Big Data & Machine Learning QA Test Engineer (QA, Engineer) role should be able to:
- test complex machine learning algorithms and REST services
- develop automated test harnesses for the above
- design embedded tools/instrumentation to measure the effectiveness of, and diagnose issues in, production deployment of these solutions
- demonstrate previous test experience in an agile development environment
- appreciate and understand the cloud delivery model and how that affects application solutions – both delivery and deployment
- solve problems in robust and creative ways and demonstrate solid verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- work in an environment with a significant number of unknowns – both technically and functionally. Inherent in such a new venture.
- collaborate across all teams in the group, from product managers and data scientists, to product engineering and release
- work globally in a geographically dispersed team
- demonstrate at least 8 years experience in test engineering with at least 3 years data science related working experience
Successful candidates will typically have a BSc/Msc or higher degree and at least 8 years post-graduate experience as a software test engineer/, with experience in Java being essential. Selenium experience is preferred.
This is a great opportunity to learn new skills and work on a new exciting venture within Oracle and within a really talented, global engineering community.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements - Big Data & Machine Learning QA Test Engineer (QA, Engineer)
Responsible for developing, applying and maintaining quality standards for company products with adherence to both internal and external standards. Develops and executes software test plans. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results. Analyzes test results and recommends corrective actions.
As a member of the technical/process QA division, you will design functional, integration and regression test plans, build and execute manual and automated tests and perform highly complex analysis for multiple products. Set cross-functional product testing standards. Analyze, evaluate and plan methods of approach and organize means to achieve solutions to complex problems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
To apply for the Big Data & Machine Learning QA Test Engineer (QA, Engineer) role please click 'Apply now'.
Job reference information
|| (Please reference Dice when calling)