Business Analyst (Agile)
A leading UK FTSE 100 provider of IT solutions and services are looking to hire a talented Business Analyst to join a rapidly expanding team in Bury St. Edmunds. The Business Analyst (Agile) will be customer facing and a have a strong understanding and documenting of complex business process and customer requirements with knowledge of Agile methodologies.
The Business Analyst (Agile) will liaise with key stakeholders to elicit, analyse, communicate and validate customer requirements. Determine the most appropriate solutions, considering factors such as existing practice, legacy infrastructure, business process flows and business sector trends to provide real business value and document solutions/solution design in an appropriate form, such as user stories or functional specifications, enabling development and test teams to work from.
Responsibilities for the Business Analyst (Agile):
- Gather and manage requirements and undertake detailed business and systems process analysis to fully understand customer requirements
- Identify, evaluate and impact options and propose logical and innovative solutions;
- Document solutions in the form of impact analysis, story cards, technical functional specifications or other documentation as required;
- Carry out estimation of effort for analysis activities and co-ordinate the estimation of effort across the project;
- Facilitate collaboration across the project team to ensure the impact of any solution is fully considered and addressed;
- Liaise closely with the customer to ensure proposed solutions are fully understood and signed off where appropriate;
- Provide analysis input to support issues and ensure all issues are tracked and reported in a timely manner;
- Push boundaries on customer requirements and industry standards in provisioning a solution;
- Participate in project planning, team meetings, reviews, release planning, demonstrations and other meetings as required;
Experience for the Business Analyst (Agile):
- Strong knowledge of waterfall and agile software development methodologies;
- A good understanding of at least one design methodology;
- Good knowledge of application programming, database and system design;
- Excellent working knowledge of analysis and design techniques;
- Good class degree in Computing / Information Technology (e.g. BSc, minimum 2:1)
- Previous experience of understanding and documenting complex business processes and customer requirements;
- A proven track record of business analysis within a software development environment;
- Ability to quickly assimilate business knowledge and logically interpret solutions in the form of functional specifications;
- Excellent analytical skills; the ability to view a problem from different angles, to formulate recommendations and to support any chosen solution with a reasoned and persuasive argument;
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills; the ability to facilitate meetings, explain complex business problems to a wide audience and demonstrable experience of writing functional specifications;
- Strong technical analysis and design skills are essential with at least five years demonstrable experience of the following:- Requirements definition using User Stories & Acceptance Criteria, Wireframe Storyboards, Wireframe Storyboard Logical Derivation Tables, Business Process Models, Definition of Processes, Tasks & Actions and Logical Data Model & Logical Data Dictionaries;
- Experience of Workflow Design, Physical Derivation Table, Physical Data Model & Data Dictionary and Logical to Physical Mapping is desirable.
To apply for the Business Analyst role please press the apply button.