A fantastic opportunity to join Experian as a Business Analyst is required, joining our Solutions team as a Business Analyst focusing on our best-in-class data products and technologies. Opportunities exist for those with a Business or Systems Analyst background who are keen to learn, develop their careers and enhance Experian's already strong market position. Working alongside and in partnership with colleagues across Experian you'll be part of the team responsible for conducting detailed analysis, producing outline specifications of business requirements, preparing feasibility proposals, estimates for internal and/or external design plus the support and delivery of projects through the Analysis, Development, Testing, UAT and Production phases.
The role will involve joining an established team working in a wide range of client and product led projects across the range of Experian B2B data products and data assets. You will bring a strong background in business analysis, and a commitment to quality and be expected to develop an in depth knowledge of the current product range and business processes. The role works in close collaboration with the Product Managers, Project Managers, Testers, Technical and Development teams to ensure we have a strong team approach and meet client expectations every time.
- Stakeholder Management - Identify relevant stakeholders (clients, third party suppliers, internal team etc.) and their area and level of influence in each project. Manage the stakeholders and communicate appropriately to avoid escalations resulting from BA deliverables or processes.
- Requirements elicitation - Enable the definition of business requirements, prepare feasibility studies and ensure that products meet the needs of the business.
- Requirements management - Negotiate prioritisation requirements with Senior Business Analysts, Product Managers, Account Managers and Business Consultants
- Communication - Communicate programme of work (progress reports & future plans) to Development Managers, Senior Business Analysts and recommend effective corrective action.
- Continuous process improvement - Identify measures to improve delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Assist in developing business cases for proposed projects e.g. cost estimates, timescales etc.
- Manage detailed business and systems analysis and documentation of requirements, functional and non-functional and obtain agreement and authorisation.
- Hand over specifications to the technical teams so that they can develop technical specifications that meet the business requirements.
- Support the Project Manager and wider delivery team to ensure that everything within the BA's authority is done to meet overall project delivery to time, quality and budget.
- Escalate all projects that are, or at risk of being, outside agreed parameters and recommend effective corrective action.
- Create and maintain relevant artefacts as required by the project e.g. User Guides, Implementation Guides, Training Guides etc. to departmental standards in line with the project plan.
- Continual development through the identification and actioning of own Personal Development Plan.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement in performance and execution of the role.
- Understand and participate in performance management processes
- Actively contribute to a culture where the fair treatment of customers is at the heart of the Experian business. Take personal responsibility to ensure that you adhere to all regulatory requirements and apply appropriate controls in the interests of our customers.
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications
Experience in a business analyst role or similar in an IT Environment.
Professional certification ISEB or ITIL would be an advantage
- Experience or background in software development projects and delivery methodologies
- A sound understanding of the software development lifecycle and familiarity with project management concepts
- A good understanding and demonstrable practical experience of the application of different business analysis tools and techniques and their impact on project success
- A software development or data analysis background or experience in engaging with software development teams and test teams is desirable but not essential
- Experience in working with offshore or outsourced development teams and third party suppliers is desirable but not essential