Provide functional support and expand capabilities in the areas of finance systems development and management, project management, IT solution design and administration. This function provides the lead in the process of delivering integrated business and information solutions. The role is responsible for ensuring that the financial systems and their interface to corporate business systems is fit for purpose and meets the changing needs of the finance IT infrastructure.
- Identifies effective solutions to operational issues
- Provide support for transactional/configuration problems reported by end users. The system being supported is R12.X.X Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS).
- Raise Service Requests with Oracle Support to obtain solutions to application problems.
- Design functional solutions for bug fixes and business process enhancements.
- Create and execute test plans for both custom and standard Oracle functionality. Able to support upgrade testing and validation.
- Evaluates system development proposals and provide recommendations on likely impacts
- Research, communicate and demonstrate "best practice" opportunities
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to the user community.
- Project management techniques
- Plan and lead testing , implementation , training, support and documentation activities for business enhancement projects
- Assist developers - internal and external - through provision of functional specifications and technical walk through
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Communicates needed changes to internal and supplier development teams.
- Able to capably use available system tools (Cognos/Noetix/BI, SQL, Oracle reporting tools) to gather and prepare data for reports and analytical tasks.
- Designs or prepares reports and uses prepared data to perform analysis of system behavior and respond to ad-hoc reporting requests.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Detailed user knowledge and experience of financial processes and systems in several major functional areas.
- Experience working directly as a part of finance team and understand all facets of finances; AR, AP, GL, month end and reporting in a life science environment
- 4 to 7 years of experience in a similar role
Essential IT Experience:
- Must have extensive proven experience in finance IT within Oracle ERP and Interfaces to other ERP systems and automation applications.
- Must be familiar with remote data capture technology, automation control systems.
- Previous experience in Oracle eBS finance in a manufacturing is must.
- High level of IT literacy - concepts and terminology
- Thorough Project Management experience in the Project Management Cycle
- Competence with all major Office applications including Excel , Word , Outlook and Visio
For more information on both contract and permanent roles via aap3, industry news and updates, check out our brand new website, follow our aap3 Recruitment page on Linkedin and follow us on twitter @aap3recruitment