Business Systems Analyst (SQL, Agile, Oracle, Analyst) x4
Salary: £45,125 - £49,875
With 60000+ staff and 50m customers HMRC is one of the biggest organisations in the UK, running the largest digital operation in Government and one of the biggest IT estates in Europe. We have six modern, state-of-the-art digital delivery centres where multiple cross functional agile teams thrive in one of the most dynamic and innovative environments in the UK. We are expanding our Customs & International Trade and are recruiting into a number of posts within the Revenue & Customs Digital Technology Service in Worthing.
Business Systems Analyst (SQL, Agile, Oracle, Analyst) Job description
• Facilitating the elicitation and understanding of requirements amongst multiple stakeholders. This includes stakeholders on both the IT and the business side of the organisation.
• Evaluation of existing business processes impacted by the technology changes to identify necessary change. Act as a communication bridge between IT delivery team, Product Owner and other stakeholders.
• Elaborating business requirements, completing necessary analysis and validation to create detailed functional specifications.
• Facilitating design sessions with the development team to define the solution.
• Delivering elements of systems design, including data and business rules, wireframes/UI or other detailed deliverables.
• Investigating, evaluating, interpreting and classifying data, in order to define and clarify information structures which describe the relationships between real world entities.
• A significant understanding of IT design and architecture; sufficient to collaborate with design and development roles and understand their requirements.
• Creating data flow diagrams and models showing the movement of data across systems
• Creating and maintaining a data dictionary showing the structure of the data contained within a system
Skills for the Business Systems Analyst (SQL, Agile, Oracle, Analyst) role
A range of skills at varying levels (familiar and advanced) covering the following:
• Strong written, verbal and visual communication skills, including technical writing ability (Including UML).
• Ability to demonstrate flexibility, facilitation, diplomacy and prioritisation skills in a multi-stakeholder environment.
• Problem-solving while working in a time-boxed delivery environment.
• Leadership, team working and collaboration.
• Strong technical skills; ability to work in a large, complex IT estate.
• Data wrangling, including understanding of SQL (estate currently includes use of Oracle, Ingres, MySQL) and Hadoop.
Responsibilities of the Business Systems Analyst (SQL, Agile, Oracle, Analyst)
• Assisting with the development of the business case and initial change requests
• Planning and monitoring
• Eliciting requirements
• Requirements management including traceability
• Translating and simplifying requirements
• Requirements & Scope management and communication
• Requirements analysis and validation
• Supporting the design or review of test cases
• Manage formal changes in scope, acceptance, installation and deployment.
• Functional modelling
• Cost /benefit analysis
• Database design and data transformation
• Reporting and statistical analysis
Deliverables for the Business Systems Analyst (SQL, Agile, Oracle, Analyst) role
Likely to change depending on the change being implemented but could include analysis deliverables at any point in the delivery lifecycle. Deliverables are most likely to be identified and delivered as required in an agile environment.
Competencies for the Business Systems Analyst (SQL, Agile, Oracle, Analyst) role
We'll assess you against these competencies during the selection process:
• Leading and Communicating
• Collaborating and partnering
• Delivering at pace
• Making Effective Decisions
To apply for the role of Business Systems Analyst (SQL, Agile, Oracle, Analyst), please click the ‘apply now’ button.
Job reference information
||HM Revenue and Customs
|| (Please reference Dice when calling)