C#.NET Developer - Manchester.
C#.NET Developer, C# Software Developer, C# Software Engineer, XAML, WPF, Silverlight, MVVM, OOD, TCP/IP, UDP, WinCE, IoT, C/C++.
Commutable from Manchester, Warrington, Wigan, Bolton, Stockport.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a highly skilled Back End C#.NET Software Engineer/C# Developer to join a leading global supplier of Industrial equipment based in Manchester. As a C#.NET Software Engineer, you will report directly to the PC Software Team Lead and will be responsible for working predominantly on greenfield development projects as the company aims to deliver its next generation products.
The C#.NET Developer role will involve Back End .NET application development on both PC and Embedded Windows platforms, with a strong emphasis placed on development of communications and connectivity related solutions.
The C#.NET Software Engineer will have exceptional People Skills and be required to collaborate with the wider business (sales, marketing, product management, etc.) to solicit requirements, design and deliver solutions as part of new product development. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual, with a keen interest in the latest industry trends and a strong desire to adopt new tools and technologies.
The Software Engineer must have the following technical experience :
* Minimum of 3 years hand-on experience of commercial C# .NET development within a busy team environment
* Experience of .NET development using Visual Studio 2012/2013/2015
* A strong knowledge of the Microsoft technology stack
* Demonstrable knowledge and experience of XAML, WPF, or Silverlight UI development using the MVVM pattern
* Extensive knowledge of the .NET framework (V3.5 and later)
* A full understanding of Object Oriented (OO) design.
The successful candidate will have excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrate skilful application of the following core competencies :
* High motivation - takes responsibility for achieving results, overcomes obstacles and adapts approach
* Strong decision making - effective in analysing situations, solving problems and clarifying/summarising key issues
* Strong interest in new technology - makes appropriate use of tools and technologies to deliver optimal business solutions. Good awareness of the modern technology landscape
* Partnership and teamwork - actively engages and respects the diverse contributions of team, partners or networks. Able to work in teams of various sizes as well as individually on occasion
* Self-starter - excellent interpersonal and communication skills, proactive with good prioritisation skills
* Flexible attitude - willingness to be flexible to ensure delivery in demanding timescales
* Rigorous attention to detail and a 'can-do' attitude
* Minimum of a 2:1 Bachelor's degree in a computing, physics or other relevant engineering related degree. (Significant industry experience considered in other cases).
As an "ideal" it would be desirable if the individual has the following skills and experience :
* Highly concurrent systems (multi-threaded and/or distributed)
* User interfaces design using Expression Blend
* RDBMS, preferably SQL Server 2012/2014 and associated SQL query language
* Software design patterns and industry best practices (eg MVVM, MVP, MVC etc.)
* Strong understanding of the fundamentals of computing, eg logic, data structures, low-level architecture, systems infrastructure, etc.
* Communications and network fundamentals including Ethernet, IP, TCP and UDP.
* Serial communications eg RS232
* Windows CE ( Windows Embedded Compact )
* .NET Compact Framework
* Windows driver development
* Dependency injection/IoC containers such as Unity
* Continuous build/integration and version control systems, preferably TFS.
* Multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, Mac OS)
* Multiple programming languages (C, C++ etc)
* Microsoft application development frameworks such as PRISM
* Iterative/agile development methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban, XP, RUP etc)
* UML diagrams
* XML design, manipulation and query including XSD or DTD
* O/RM frameworks such as Entity Framework, nHibernate or LINQ to SQL
* Advanced C# programming constructs such as LINQ, lambda expressions, generics, reflection etc
* Automation technologies such as WiX (Windows Installer) and NuGet
* Universal Windows Platform (UWP)
* TDD using automated unit testing frameworks such as MSTest or NUnit
* .NET distributed technologies such as WCF & Web Services
* .NET Interop such as COM and P/Invoke
* Encryption mechanism (symmetric and asymmetric keys)
* USB driver development
* Source code obfuscation
* IoT, IIoT, Industry 4.0
Excellent career opportunities in a professional environment, developing new generation products using the latest technologies. The company is committed to Training & Development supported by an excellent staff retention.
|Advertiser||Saxon Recruitment Solutions Limited|
|Telephone||(Please reference Dice when calling)|