CRM Application Developer (CRM, Application Developer)
Job Description Summary
The successful candidate is required to work with Saga Group Contact Centre Technologies team. This role encompasses the development and support of the core CRM/CTI applications utilising .net and oracle technologies and Thunderhead amongst others.
Responsibilities of the CRM Application Developer (CRM, Application Developer) role:
• Provide regular progress reports to Manager.
• Adhere to Company and Departmental standards
• Troubleshooting, i.e. investigation and resolution of problems reported by users.
• Programming and capture/definition of requirements for program fixes and system enhancements and systems analysis. Programming to be in relevant languages as appropriate. Unit testing, system testing and user training to be undertaken. Assist users with their acceptance testing.
• Assist in the provision of estimates for fixes/enhancements as requested by IT Management.
• Ensure that all work undertaken has been documented on the correct forms with authorising signatures in place before putting the fix/enhancement forward for application to the ‘live’ environment using the Change Management.
• Any other duties requested by Management
Capability, Knowledge and Experience of the CRM Application Developer (CRM, Application Developer) role:
• .NET 4.5 (1yr), C#, Winforms, WPF, Oracle\MS SQL, Unit Testing, Source Control
• MVVM, RX, WebAPI, WCF, VB.NET, LINQ, XUNIT\NUNIT, Continous Integration, TFS, Moq, Entity Framework, ADO.NET, Enterprise Library, Resharper. Knowledge of SpeechMiner and/or Thunderhead would be advantageous
The CRM Application Developer (CRM, Application Developer) role:
• A developer with at least 3 years’ experience of developing client\server applications
• You will have demonstrable experience of using Oracle or MS SQL
• Expert understanding and utilising core Analysis and Development technologies as well as tools for modelling/simulation, planning, prototyping and mocking etc.
• Demonstrable knowledge of Unit Testing and Continuous Integration using Nunit\XUnit, TFS, MSBuild or similar
- Knowledge or understanding of MVVM frameworks such as Caliburn Micro or ReactiveUI
- Driven problem solver, able to work through problems to their resolution.
- Good knowledge of Windows Server
- Understanding of PCI, DPA and other relevant legal/governance frameworks for safe guarding customer and company data
- Appreciation for usability design considerations
- Ability to write well-structured and commented programs
- You will work in a team providing core functionality to a multi-site call centre
- You will work on a mixture of in-house and 3rd party solutions as well as the integration among them
- Services provided by the team range from CRM and CTI to document fulfilment and archiving
- The team actively develops in C# and .NET4.5 but supports legacy VB.NET codebases which you will be expected to help maintain
- You will have the latest development toolsets available to you, along with access to training resources
- The team works primarily on desktop client applications, although some small components are developed using ASP.NET MVC
- Support the Technical Business Analyst to establish business requirements
- Support the Technical Business Analyst to perform a detailed analysis of user requirements for new and the continued maintenance/enhancement of existing systems. Provide advice where alternative solutions exist
- Contribute to the production of Terms of Reference where applicable
- Contribute to Feasibility Studies
- Contribute to the Cost/benefit business justification activities
- Estimation of effort for fixes/enhancements/new systems, as requested by the business stakeholders
- Support the Technical Business Analyst to produce Functional Specifications using jargon-free language which can be understood by users. Give formal presentations where appropriate
- Produce Technical Specifications where appropriate
- Systems design
- Solid application and database design skills
- Programming in relevant languages, as appropriate, with adherence to the best practice in terms of coding, security, usability and accessibility standards
- Unit testing, system testing and user training. Assist users with their acceptance testing
- Ensure that all work undertaken has been documented on the correct forms with appropriate sign-offs before putting the fix/enhancement/new system forward for promotion to the 'Live' environment in accordance with the Change and Release Management Process (Fast Track or Release)
- Ensure that appropriate levels of documentation are in place
- Any other duties requested by IT Management
- There will be project work to complete, which should be done in a professional manner
- Manage any risks or controls delegated to this position, as detailed in the relevant risk registers, in line with the business's risk policy
Education and Qualifications:
• Degree standard or equivalent
• Ability to communicate at all levels.
• Ability to think and work individually and as part of a team
• Good time management.
To apply for the CRM Application Developer (CRM, Application Developer) role, please click the ‘Apply now’ button.
Job reference information
|| (Please reference Dice when calling)