Position: Commercial Analyst
Location: Birkenhead, Merseyside
Salary: Up to £24,000
Our client is a rapidly expanding Financial/Marketing Services company based on the Wirral.
A permanent, full time vacancy has arisen within the Marketing Department for a Commercial Analyst.
The Commercial Analyst Role:
This Commercial Analyst role represents an exciting opportunity for a proactive individual to start out in a challenging and exciting profession.
To begin with the candidate will assist with production of an analysis and reporting portfolio but will aim to quickly become self-sufficient in analysis.
From this point the ideal candidate will work on their own analysis pieces with an aim to provide thoughtful insight and information to a multi-disciplinary department. They will champion eCommerce analysis to help put the business at the forefront of a highly competitive online commercial marketplace.
To work as a key member of the Commercial Analysis Team measuring performance of commercial activities within various business units including Christmas Savings and eCommerce
- To produce/maintain/develop a wide analysis portfolio across multiple brands, utilising various data sources, with particular focus on eCommerce/Website reporting and analysis
- Become the authority on the online journeys our customers take with a view to constantly improve our ecommerce conversion rates
- Contribute to the ongoing development of media campaigns, including efficiency reporting and attribution modelling
- Ensure department data and reporting is accurate, efficient, and effective to best inform department strategy and keep department processes efficient
- Help the department keep at the forefront of Marketing and eCommerce practices by researching then utilising new technologies, media, and reporting tools
- Reporting to the Senior Commercial Analyst
- Manage a varied portfolio of performance reports
- Working within a small analysis team of 3 as part of a larger marketing department of 20
- Liaising with the campaign, web and brand teams as required
- Work with Commercial Analysis Team to produce regular performance reports for various business units, particularly a Google Analytics and eCommerce reporting portfolio
- Utilise various company databases to generate relevant SQL queries to feed into performance reporting
- Marry together Google Analytics/Online data sources and internal Datawarehouse data sources to ensure reporting/analysis is accurate and relevant
- Use Google Analytics to build and track journey reporting across various websites
- Develop Google Analytics reporting to improve/streamline current reporting process
- Formalise and rationalise data sources used for analysis in conjunction with IT
- Research new media thinking and opportunities to generate ideas for future planning, implementation, and analysis
- Analyse and document current website structures
- Any ad hoc data extraction & analysis
- Any other reasonable request from Line Manager
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Training:
- Highly numerate with a relevant numerical based degree such as Maths, Statistics, Economics, Computing etc
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to analyse and interpret data
- A diligent and meticulous personality with keen eye for detail
- A positive attitude with a willingness to learn new skills
- An understanding of relational databases
- An understanding of basic ecommerce and website conversion principles
- A passion for working with big data, a desire to deliver insight from it and to bring it to life for those with less technical knowledge than yourself
- Experience working with SQL coding and management studio
- Experience working with Google Analytics
- Strong data analytical skills with the ability to simplify complex data for others
- Confident communicating and presenting to management, technical staff and peers
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
If you are interested in this Commercial Analyst position, simply apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.
Keywords: Commercial Analyst, eCommerce, Google Analytics, Website Reporting, Media Campaigns, Marketing, Data Analysis, Data Analyst, SQL, Database, Coding, Business Analyst, Birkenhead, Liverpool, Wirral, Merseyside
Job reference information
||01457 851142 (Please reference Dice when calling)