The Applied Intelligence division of BAE Systems delivers solutions which protect and enhance the connected world. Everything we do creates a safer future.
We want to solve problems for our customers and by bringing together great minds, we can work together to make the world a safer place.
This role sits within the Central Operations team which provides services to all of the Applied Intelligence (AI) business divisions and functions in the areas of: Resource Management, Project Administration and Capacity Planning. Reporting to the Business Operations Director, this key role has responsibility for ensuring the smooth running of resource management across the business.
What you'll be doing
- Facilitating a weekly company resourcing meeting, attended by the relevant divisional resourcing teams, to optimise utilisation across the business and satisfy both customer and internal requirements.
- Ensure that cross-division resource requirements are captured and support the divisions to fulfil these; take ownership of actions to fill key roles which have a material impact on the company.
- Support the business' functions to fulfil resource requirements as required; liaise with the Central Finance team to ensure functions staff are allocated correctly in our systems.
- Facilitate the agreement of staff transfers and loans between divisions; in particular, monitor the staff loans process and ensure it is operating effectively.
- Make priority decisions and resolve resourcing disputes between divisions as required.
- Define and maintain a standard 'resourcing approach' for AI and ensure that resource management is of a consistently high standard across the business.
- Build a community of Resource Managers across the business, giving Resource Managers the opportunity to share knowledge, attend training, etc.
- Working alongside the Business Operations Director and Business Operations Practice members in their Professional Development in line with the Practice's strategic priorities.
- Responsibility for project managing the Business Operations Practice Development Plan, managing work stream leads, providing guidance and acting as a point of escalation.
Tools & MI:
- Oversee the adoption, operational running and future development of AI's Resource Management Tool.
- Prepare, analyse and present appropriate Management Information relating to resource management for senior stakeholders as required.
Admin Team Management:
- Responsibility for overseeing our Operations Administration team which has six employees (three in the UK, three in Kuala Lumpur).
- Ensure that the Operations Administration team provides an effective service to the business.
- Manage HR issues and performance reviews for the team.
Skills & Capability:
- Ensure that the company has complete, accurate, relevant and up to date skills data for all relevant staff across the business for use in both resource allocation decisions and in strategic workforce planning.
- Support the Business Operations Director with a programme of forward-looking strategic resource planning for AI working with relevant stakeholders in the divisions, aligning with the annual planning process.
- Maintain a resource management strategy at AI level covering skills, locations and the approach for balancing permanent resource, associate (contract) resource, and use of 3rd parties.
- Liaise with the HR Recruitment team to ensure the recruitment strategy is aligned with the strategic resource plan.
- To work with the divisions to ensure an appropriate focus on the longer-term resource picture, in order to mitigate the risk of tactical resource challenge.
What we're looking for
- Experience of resource management and capacity planning, preferably from a Consulting organisation.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Analytical skills with experience or producing MI for senior stakeholders.
- Experience of managing a team is desirable.
Security Clearance is required for this vacancy. If you are not currently Security Cleared, you will need to be eligible for this and willing to go through the process. For more guidance on National Security Vetting please click here.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence:
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we're constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we'll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you'll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
We'll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you'll be much more than just a job title; you'll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Staying competitive in today's global marketplace requires an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
Division Overview: Functions
Be the power behind our business - Our Corporate Functions keep us growing from strength to strength.
Help us secure a connected world by being an unseen hero. Apply now and be inspired.