The Applied Intelligence division of BAE Systems delivers solutions which protect and enhance the connected world. Everything we do creates a safer future.
We want to solve problems for our customers and by bringing together great minds, we can work together to make the world a safer place.
We are looking for talented Cyber Security Consultantsto join ourgrowing, vibrant community of security professionals based out of our Guildford office. You will work at the core of our customers' mission to defend themselves from cyber attacks by helping them to clearly understand their exposure and put in place pragmatic and cost effective controls.
Our customersspanacrossall sectors from those of critical national importance to greenfield start-ups offering a variety of exciting challenges and environments to work in. We pride ourselves in our peoplebeing smart. We make a difference by embracing challenges, using the best technology we create sophisticated solutions that our customers trust.
Your engagements will be consulting-led, focused on understanding our customers' business, building trust and providing cyber security expertise across the spectrum of strategic advisory through to secure solution design.
You will learn and develop in the role working closely with our experienced team, with clear pathways defined for your career progression in the organisation.
Working onclient sites you will support and grow to lead engagements that deliver cyber risk assessments, improve control maturity, define secure solutions and ensure compliance. You will deliver these engagements across clients in financial services, energy, telecommunications, legal, defence and central Government. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Delivery of small to medium cyber security work-streams or engagements
- Understanding business and information risk context of our customers and judging risk at a technical and business process level
- Reviewing effectiveness of controls and proposing proportionate security improvements
- Analysing and researching security technologies to support the development of innovative solutions
- Working with account teams to identify new opportunities for work and support the production of quality proposals
Skills and Experience Required
- A passion for and understanding of cyber security trends and threats
- Effective business acumen and an understanding of the cyber security challenges faced by organisations
- Demonstrable experience of identifying security risk and familiarity with common control frameworks
- Ability to articulate and pitch security advice, often at a technical level, directly to key customer stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritise workload, work well under pressure and concurrently manage both customer and BAE Systems expectations
Other Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience of consulting gained with a top tier consultancy, security boutique or systems integrator.
- Higher degree in cyber, information or computer/network security.
- Hold CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC or similar qualifications
Security Clearance is required for this vacancy. If you are not currently Security Cleared, you will need to be eligible for this and willing to go through the process. For more guidance on National Security Vetting please click here.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence:
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we're constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we'll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you'll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
We'll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you'll be much more than just a job title; you'll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Staying competitive in today's global marketplace requires an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
Division Overview: UK Services
UK Services delivers IT Services and Consultancy to Applied Intelligence clients based primarily in the UK. We divide our clients into 3 market segments; National Security, Government and Enterprise Services. We differentiate ourselves through recognised expertise in Data, Security, Digital Media and Business Solutions.
Help us secure a connected world by being an unseen hero. Apply now and be inspired.