My client is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join a growing team. They are in the midst of a revolutionary change so need a creative but experienced candidate to help them move more into the Data Science space. This also means the ideal candidate will be challenged but have a lot of input into the development of the team.
In this Data Science role you will be expected to use the data you have access to improve profits, understand customer behavior and identify risk. Due to the nature of the role, you will need to be confident in your findings and be able to express these views. As you will need to be able to explain your findings to various areas of the business, to help them understand what you have found out, and tell them how and why they should be doing things differently.
The suitable candidate must have experience of:
- Background using a range of tools and scripting languages particularly R, Python, SQL (other experience with Spark, Scala, Hadoop, Cassandra, etc. is highly beneficial but not required.)
- Strong background of Statistics to be able to preform advanced analysis techniques where you see fit. Such as predictive modelling, data mining, segmentation, machine learning, etc.
- Ideally will hold a degree in Maths/Stats (or similar)
- Be a very confident speaker, to be able to express your findings to various stakeholders
- Strong Data Handling skills and Data management
- Comfortable in a start up mentality environment
- Strong background in Predictive modelling
R, Python, SQL, Spark, SAS, Hadoop, S3, Scala, MongoDB, Machine Learning, Algorithms, Advanced Analysis, Predictive Analytics, Modelling, Segmentation, Data Mining, Big Data, Cluster Analysis, Data Science, Data Scientist, Statistics, London
Job reference information
||+ 44 191 230 1883 (Please reference Dice when calling)