Exciting opportunities have arisen for software developers to join a team within a large national delivery centre where you will contribute to solutions that really help our users and create significant value and opportunity to clinicians and patients across the whole of England. In addition to a competitive salary you can look forward to a full range of public sector benefits, including an excellent contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement and various flexible working options.
How we work:
• Multi-functional end-to-end development teams comprising of business analysts, developers and testers
• Agile development approach
• Using Open Source and commercial technologies
• Value-driven to solve real user problems
We are looking for people with:
• Passion, drive and high levels of enthusiasm for new challenges
• Self-motivation and a desire to succeed as part of a team
• A commitment to excel in a demanding and highly rewarding role
Skills & Requirements
Core technical skills & experience:
• Web development
• Java or PHP programming languages
• SQL / relational databases
Desirable technical skills / experience:
• Spring framework
• Unit Testing
• Source Control
• XML / XSD
• Maven / Gradle
• JPA (Hibernate)
• Angular 1
• Git / SVN
• Continuous integration (Jenkins)
• Java Messaging (RabbitMQ)
• Linux administration
• Agile / scrum
About NHS Digital
At NHS Digital we are working to bring about a digital revolution in the provision of health and care. Our aim and ambition is to secure a financially sustainable future for the universal system of which we are all so proud.
What we do enables health and care professionals to care for people safely and more effectively. We gather and disseminate the information providers and commissioners rely upon to improve care quality, and we generate the data that researchers work with to find new ways to prevent and treat disease.
In the future, the information we make available and the technology systems we build will mean health and care provision in our communities can be brought closer together to make it more efficient and effective. We will give people the information and digital tools they need to take more responsibility for their own health and care choices and outcomes and will enable health and care professionals to work more productively.
In order to be considered for this latest round of vacancies, please ensure you have submitted an application by the closing date of 30 April 2017.
Job reference information
|| (Please reference Dice when calling)