Developer - Messaging & Integration (Developer, UNIX, Linux)
Location: Telford, UK
Salary: £35,000 - £60,000 per year
This is an exciting opportunity to join HMRC’s Messaging Delivery Group where you will be working across one of the biggest IT estates in Europe and supporting a large scale and radical transformation that will have a profound impact for both the customers and the staff of HMRC.
This is a unique challenge for a number of Developers (Developer, UNIX, Linux) to manage HMRC’s Messaging Domain during a time of significant change and transformation as HMRC drives the focus of IT delivery away from product centric solutions and fully exploits the opportunities that Digital Services and Data Analytics can provide. This position will play a key role as the interface between the development teams and senior stakeholders within the Messaging Delivery Group and HMRC’s wider Architecture function.
About the Developer (Developer, UNIX, Linux)
The successful candidate will have deep skills in at least one programming language, with experience of systems integration and will be focused on producing good quality code. Once the service is delivered they will continually look to improve the service by identifying new tools and techniques and removing technical bottlenecks. They will be an all-rounder who is able to communicate with colleagues and customers alike sharing ideas, skills and experience to ensure the whole team performs to its best.
Specific responsibilities of the Developer (Developer, UNIX, Linux) role will include:
• Build integration services with a focus on how it will be used
• Seek collaboration and early feedback
• Design services they expect to operate and maintain
• Leave developments simpler and better tested than when you started
• Look for opportunities to share progress and knowledge
• Learn from colleagues and the wider community
• Use data to make decisions, building tools to gather that data
Essential Experience of the Developer (Developer, UNIX, Linux) role:
You will need to demonstrate within your application the following essential experience
• Systems design and development and Service-Orientated Architecture
• Agile development techniques
• Hosting platforms: UNIX, Linux, Windows
• Environment virtualisation, deployment and testing automation
• Java programming language or similar
• Continuous Integration environments and tooling
• Micro Service Architectures design / development
• Middleware / messaging products and protocols
• APIs design and management
To apply for the Developer (Developer, UNIX, Linux) role, please click the ‘Apply now’ button.
Job reference information
||HM Revenue and Customs
|| (Please reference Dice when calling)