Developer / Senior Developer /C# / .NET / SQL Server
Location: Enderby, Leicestershire or Doncaster, West Yorkshire
Competitive salary and benefits package including relocation package
We are looking for developers to join our growing team and play a crucial role in helping to drive NEXT forward in a fast moving retail environment. From high-level concepts and designs through to technically efficient code, you’ll be involved every step of the way.
As a Developer / Senior Developer, you’ll be required to understand and interpret technical specifications, and turn them into working code, using a mix of technologies. Ideally, you’ll have solid experience in the full development life cycle, including requirements gathering, systems / business analysis and technical development.
About the Role:
• Demonstrate analytical and programming skills across a range of platforms.
• Ability to interpret requirements into working code.
• Develop, test and implement code to the department and industry technical specifications and standards.
• Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects.
• Create, document and implement test plans.
• Produce timely documentation and ensure proposed solutions are fit for purpose.
• Work to plans / deadlines provided, escalating issues as appropriate.
• Provide ad-hoc analysis, reports and business support as required.
• Proactively improve existing skills, taking on new technical skills as appropriate, and continuously seek to expand business knowledge.
• Provide out of hours support on a rota basis.
• Ensure that IT and business users are aligned at all times on the project aims and deliverables.
• Ensure issues raised by business users are appropriately evaluated, prioritised and resourced.
• Ensure that communication to the business is professional, clear and appropriate.
• Build and maintain working relationships with key business users.
• Work closely with other systems teams to improve cross-team resolution of issues, where appropriate.
• SDLC. Software Development Lifecycle.
• A proven track record of feature level design, development and testing of architecturally robust and scalable technical solutions.
• Strong problem solving skills with the capability to analyse existing systems for enhancement whilst identifying risks and change impact.
Essential Technical Skills:
• Microsoft C# / .NET Framework
• Microsoft SQL Server 2008+ T-SQL & Stored Procedures.
• XML / XMLT
• Desirable Technical Skills
• Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
• HTML 5 / CSS3
In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits with a relocation package available.
You can apply for this role and find out more about other great opportunities by exploring our Digital Careers website.
Job reference information
|| (Please reference Dice when calling)