Development Project Manager
Location: Enderby, Leicestershire and Doncaster, West Yorkshire
Competitive salary and benefits package including relocation package
We are looking for an experienced Development Project Manager to join our growing IT Department. You will play a crucial part in helping us to drive Next forward in a fast moving retail environment.
This role demands strong leadership skills and technical ability aligned with excellent management and communication.
You will manage and deliver a portfolio of application development projects from start to finish within agreed budget and timings. You will also be responsible for managing a development team to ensure the most efficient resources are used and that business interests are managed and satisfied.
You will oversee all aspects of project delivery in a highly collaborative and agile framework, providing on-going communication to ensure that progress is transparent and aligned to the quality and standards expected by the business, user and IT governance.
About the Role:
• Oversee all stages of project delivery.
• Oversee accounting, estimating and billing for all project resources used.
• Provide timely and effective communication on progress or issues
• Agree appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensure they are applied.
• Actively manage all risks, issues and key decisions within the projects.
• Ensure quality and governance processes are followed and that NEXT standards are met.
• Ensure the integrity, availability and security of information systems.
Establish project scope by:
• Studying strategic business drivers.
• Discovering and validating business requirements.
• Obtaining input from subject-matter experts.
• Examining and recommending changes to current business practices.
• Proving feasibility by developing and writing proposals.
• Lead, coach and develop a team of Developers to consistently deliver the highest standards of service required by the business.
• Proven track record in a Technical environment.
• Extensive experience of managing complex projects and portfolios.
• Strong senior stakeholder management skills.
• Strong leadership skills, with previous team management experience.
• The ability to plan and prioritise workload in a demanding environment.
• Excellent communication skills.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits with a relocation package available.
You can apply for this role and find out more about other great opportunities by exploring our Digital Careers website.
Job reference information
|| (Please reference Dice when calling)