Edward Carter Solutions are looking for a Development Tools Analyst for an end user client based in the UK for an initial 6-month contract.
The Applied Technologies IT Development Tools Analyst manages the development tools and other IT delivery tools that software developers and engineers use to create and maintain Applied Technologies hardware and software products and services for customers. Reporting to the IT Manager, this role manages and maintains the systems, such as Atlassian tools like Jira and Confluence, and also other software source control, requirements analysis and issue tracking tools (such as GIT, TFS, Polarion, Mantis etc) used by Applied Technologies. The role is also responsible for planning and completing the roll out and adoption of these tools, retiring legacy tools where appropriate, setting up new users and projects within these tools, managing support partners, and as a point of co-ordination and continuous improvement with other company processes, such as movers, leavers, joiners, and the super user community.
- Close liaison with Project Managers, Development and Engineering Team Leads, and IT Suppliers
- Manage and maintain development tools and other IT delivery tools used by software developers and engineers.
- Plan and complete the roll out and adoption of development tools, retiring legacy tools where appropriate, and advocating the usage of relevant tools.
- Manage IT support suppliers to efficiently resolve issues and answer queries with tools.
- Administrate the setup of movers, leavers, joiners, and new projects within the development tools, and document the process.
- Investigate and implement the integration of relevant tools to improve the flow and consistency of information between tools.
- Formalise the super user role and network for development tools, so that advanced queries and usage questions can be resolved efficiently.
- Suggest, get buy in to, and implement improvements in internal processes around system usage and administration.
- Document the ongoing role for tool/system administration and continuous improvement and adoption of development tools.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- A strong understanding of software development processes and supporting industry standard tooling in an agile business environment
- A strong understanding of efficient systems set up and administration processes
- Good knowledge of the Atlassian tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Experience of IT supplier management
- Experience of working and managing change in a matrix structure
- Ideally experience of rolling out software development tools and retiring and migrating data from legacy tools
- Passionate about improving internal processes and increasing efficiency
- Organised and systematic, able to work through multi-step tasks reliably and efficiently
- Ability to meet deadlines, and track and manage others (such as suppliers) to do the same
- Strong inter-personal skills to build productive relationships and communicate effectively
- Proven ability to manage demand, prioritise, and deliver results in an agile way
If you match the requirements for this role then please get in touch by either emailing , or by calling 01268 444 444 asking for Michael Day.