Overall purpose of role:
A lead digital architect role is required within the client site for the following purpose:
• Provide the definition of digital architecture, roadmaps and technical solutions as well as technical consultancy and leading edge technology thinking as required
• Clearly articulate / communicate direction and benefits of digital architecture to developers / engineers, non-technical stakeholders and senior executives
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
Key specific accountabilities.
• Accountable for creating digital technology architecture solutions and cost estimates, to meet business needs, in line with the client strategy and architecture. Work with supply chain (including external) as appropriate.
• Working with the relevant enterprise wide architects and digital business aligned strategy leads, supports the creation of an appropriate digital technology strategy for the relevant business area.
• Define and maintain technology roadmaps for digital capabilities
• Accountable for ensuring the digital engineering / development teams are aligned to the technical strategy, architecture, quality standards and policies.
Stakeholder management and leadership.
• Work collaboratively with the relevant technology colleagues, project managers, architects, business analysts and developers to ensure that the digital outcomes delivered by projects are consistent with the original technical solution specified.
• Support business aligned lead architects, CIOs by providing advice and guidance to business stakeholders in shaping the portfolio of digital technology solutions and influence the relevant business strategy leads to maximize the effective use of digital technology.
• Able to challenge stakeholders creatively and professionally to create architectural solutions which meet the business need (including budgetary / time constraints) whilst being aligned to client’s architectural blueprint, principles and standards.
• Can describe existing / emerging digital technology and technology strategy to developers, non-technical stakeholders and senior executives both verbally and via appropriate documentation.
• Experienced in supervising a team, managing performance on an on-going basis, and contributing to development plans; effectively delegates tasks and provides examples of own ability to shift well from task to task.
Decision making and problem solving.
• Thinks outside of the box to support the business in delivering its strategic objectives rather than just responding to a pre-defined request.
• Able to challenge stakeholders and colleagues creatively and professionally to create architectural solutions which meet the business need (including budgetary / time constraints) whilst being aligned to the architectural blueprint, principles and standards.
• Able to take ownership and make decisions on the appropriate architecture and technology strategy for an assigned digital platform.
Risk and Control: All activities and duties must be carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Policies and Policy Standards
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
Basic Skills and Qualifications
• Strong experience of application client and server architecture in the web and/or mobile domain
• Strong experience of application frameworks and architecture patterns
• Experience of Object-Oriented design and Enterprise Integration Patterns
• Experience of presenting technical concepts to a non-technical audience and senior / CxO stakeholders
• Specific experience of domain driven and event driven architecture
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
• Experience of operating in an Agile delivery environment
• Experience of microservices and refactoring to microservices
• Knowledge and experience of Enterprise Architecture frameworks (TOGAF, Zachman).
• Experience of DevOps and containerization
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 100 development and delivery centres worldwide and approximately 255,800 employees as of September 30, 2016, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant.
Job reference information
|| (Please reference Dice when calling)