The Neo Federal Team is enabling other development teams to provide their solutions inside integrated platform called Neo. The UBS Neo is our leading project with intention to replace all client facing systems with one modern and technically advanced solution. Neo is designed as microservice ecosystem with state-of-the-art technologies composed into one multifunctional portal.
In process of growing the Neo Federal Team we are looking for an experienced Environment Configuration Engineer to join the team in London.
In this role you will be responsible mainly for environment configuration management and support as well as ensuring high software quality throughout the whole SDLC by communicating effectively with other development team members, project members, managers and end users.
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The Neo Federal Team is enabling other development teams to provide their solutions inside integrated platform called Neo. The UBS Neo is our leading project that intends to replace all client facing systems with one modern and technically advanced solution. Neo is designed as micro service ecosystem with state-of-the-art technologies composed into one multifunctional portal.
Your experience and skills
• Good communication skills
• Good understanding of the software development life cycle
• Demonstrable track record of providing support of test or development environments
• Experience of working with development teams to automate and improve deployment processes.
• Very good knowledge of Linux OS, shell and common command line tools
• Good understanding of IP networking
• Good knowledge of Apache web server and DNS
• Working knowledge of SQL and RMDS databases.
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to learn quickly
• Ability to understand, write and maintain shell scripts (bash)
• Ability to troubleshoot both networking issues and issues with Java applications
• Ability to prioritise, self-organise and multi-task
• Ability to work with and participate within a large professional team
• Experience of deployment automation tools
• Knowledge of messaging systems (MQ, Solace, Tibco etc)
• Knowledge of firewalls and load balancers
• Knowledge of Apache Tomcat
• Experience of maintaining build scripts using Maven, Teamcity
• Agile Scrum work experience with global team
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job reference information
|| (Please reference Dice when calling)