Global Technical Operations (Tech Ops) Manager
Regularly ranked as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world (The Sunday Times Fast Track 100, Crain’s List, Inc 5000), AlphaSights was founded in 2008 and now has a worldwide team of over 300 professionals based across our offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Dubai, Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Seoul.
AlphaSights is a digital business where continuous uptime and seamless IT experience is fundamental to our success. Technology has always been central to us as a firm, and we are looking for a versatile technical professional to ensure our IT strategy and operations are world-class, supporting and enabling our continued growth.
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and overseeing firm-wide IT strategy, processes, and support. The role will form a key component of the wider Operations function, and will also work closely with Software Engineering. This is a new position that represents an exciting opportunity for the right individual to impact a high-growth global firm in a business critical capacity.
This role is suited to an operationally-minded individual who has a broad range of technical experience across different IT disciplines and can provide technical and practice leadership and management for complex and diverse technical demands.
• Design and implement the global IT infrastructure roadmap for the firm, with the aim of creating an integrated, reliable and efficient set of systems that meet business needs
• Select and manage IT vendors including: benchmarking, negotiation, contract administration, and ensuring performance against contract
• Oversee detailed design and build of IT components of global real estate projects, and ensure seamless relocation
• Develop and maintain a global asset register of hardware, software, and IT service contracts
• Provide technical expertise with regards to performance tuning, capacity maintenance and operational support
• Work closely with our Software Engineering team to ensure that innovations are fully integrated
• Create and coordinate a global IT support team, ensuring continuous cover, prioritisation, and metric-driven reporting
• Assist in the recruitment and induction of new team members
• Work with remote teams to solve on-going issues and execute new initiatives
• Relevant bachelor’s degree (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering)
• 5+ Years’ experience managing a technical team of engineering and/or operations professionals responsible for critical systems and operations. Ideally, this will have been in a distributed organisation in which telephony is critical.
• Experience leading 2nd/3rd line service desks
• Proven success forming and managing remote teams
• Track record of delivery of technology change initiatives evolving an IT function closer to best practice
• Fluency in English
Please click APPLY NOW to let get in touch about his opportunity
Job reference information
|| (Please reference Dice when calling)