Graduate Software Development Engineer
We are looking for outstanding graduates to join us as full-time Software Development Engineers. You will work as part of the Amazon Alexa team at our centre in Cambridge, England, playing a key role in the development of Alexa, Amazon’s cloud based voice service which delights customers on products such as the Echo and Fire TV.
We develop technology that combines natural language understanding, acquiring large volumes of structured knowledge, and machine reasoning to allow our customers to get answers to their questions in the most natural way possible.
Our work is characterised by high scale, complexity and the need for invention. We offer great opportunities to work on big data, machine learning, natural language processing and high-scale, low-latency distributed systems.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Delivering high quality code on time as part of a cross-functional team.
· Contributing to team discussions around system component design, improvement and integration.
· Designing and developing high performance, test-driven code that meets complex requirements and is massively scalable.
· Involvement at all stages of the software development cycle, including designing and developing significant new architectural systems and improvements.
· Working with and maintaining a large existing code base as well as new components; maintaining production code and contributing to deployment and QA processes.
· Participation in estimation and sprint planning.
· Working closely with other technical teams and product team to deliver on the company’s technical vision.
As a new graduate you will go through induction training before joining your team. You will drive your own learning and development with guidance and coaching from your manager, buddy and colleagues around you. Not to mention the excellent long-term development prospects you’d expect from one of the world’s leading online businesses.
What are we looking for?
· Computer Science degree (2:1 or better) or postgraduate study. Applicants from a related discipline who can demonstrate a strong grounding in Computer Science will also be considered.
· Strong object-oriented design and coding skills in Java (or equivalent languages such as C++/Python/C#)
· Strong computer science grounding in a broad range of algorithms and data-structures
· Strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills
· Strong written and verbal English communications skills
· Design and architecture (design patterns, web services, distributed systems)
· Advanced coding skills (concurrency, profiling and performance optimisation)
· Best-practice software engineering including Agile methodologies, unit testing, refactoring, continuous integration and build processes
· Understanding of how enterprise applications work, perform, and scale.
· Results oriented with a strong customer and business focus
Click Apply Now and let us know about yourself
Job reference information
|| (Please reference Dice when calling)