Head of Live Services
Can you lead our team of digital and data technology experts to provide a ‘best in class’ live service for the Department for Transport? Do you thrive in a culture based on innovation, flexibility and agile principles? If so, the position of Head of Live Services is for you.
This is a unique opportunity to build, guide and support our Live Services team as we enter a new and exciting phase for the Digital Service. As the Head of Live Services you will take pride in your team, lead by example and develop and empower others. You should encourage continuous learning to build a modern and user-centric capability.
You will be responsible for the performance of all live services digital, data and technology services within the department. The work you do will have a significant impact on the security of our organisation and you will need to make difficult decisions in high pressure situations. Your passion to see your team excel and operate efficiently will be a key motivation.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Being accountable for building, leading and setting the strategic direction of a function of digital, data and technology experts with a culture based on innovation, flexibility, collaboration and agile principles
• Being responsible for ensuring all live digital, data and technology services meet their performance requirements encompassing customer-facing services and the enabling infrastructure technology
• Ensuring the optimal utilisation of resources to cope with the function needs
• Building the required skills and capabilities to manage leading-edge digital and Cloud services
As well as being highly-organised with an attention to detail, you are innovative, embrace problem-solving and consistently support your team throughout periods of transition.
The Digital Service is a new internal capability with around 100 staff, and as the Digital Centre of Excellence for DfT, will:
• offer high performing, secure and innovative services
• grow our professionalism
• empower our people to meet user needs
• build relationships to achieve DfT’s objectives
This is a great time to join us as we build the team and deliver a major transformation programme of work. If you share our vision of being the 'best in class' and you have the knowledge and enthusiasm to deliver in this exciting role, then we look forward to receiving your application.
You will have the option of being based at either our London or Hastings office. We encourage remote working, with a minimum of 40% of your week being office based. Successful candidates based in Hastings will attract a Grade 6 national salary of £57,855 as will those who are not based in London for at least 3 days a week.
Job reference information
||Department for Transport
|| (Please reference Dice when calling)