Infrastructure Planning & Acquisition Manager Cloud and Enterprise
The Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure and Operations (MCIO) group is an exciting and fast evolving engineering group within Microsoft. MCIO's mission is to optimize and deliver industry leading cloud infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services.
The organization is responsible for strategy and delivery of the foundational platform for all Microsoft Online Services including demand and capacity forecasting, supply chain, data centers, networking, bandwidth, operations, and incident management. MCIO supports over 200 online businesses including Bing, O365, OneDrive, Xbox and Windows Azure branded services Job duties: This position contributes to the network strategy and planning team for Microsoft's online services infrastructure.
Network planners must interact closely with outside vendors to design, develop, and deliver assets for fiber, collocation, peering, and data services across the world. Share knowledge of global networks, technical expertise, and strategic analysis skills in addition to strong negotiation, collaboration, and delivery capabilities.
This role requires dynamic personalities who can work successfully in a diverse environment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead project initiatives for cloud infrastructure build-outs
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify and define strategic initiatives to meet expansion and cost reduction needs
- Build strategic relationships with vendors and industry experts
- Determine specific routes and deals that meet our requirements
- Identify opportunities for partnership or expansion
- Own and drive commercial and contractual negotiations with vendors to acquire infrastructure -Communicate progress internally and collaborate with network deployment teams.
- BS or BA degree (In lieu of degree, proven relevant work experience).
- Proven experience in networking technologies
- Strategic negotiations and/or business development obtaining services from high-technology providers in data center and Internet technologies.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- BS or BA degree in technology or science.
- Relevant work experience
- Experience with contract development and vendor management.
- Solid working understanding of domestic and global carrier networks.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time.
Microsoft is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the work place. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Job reference information
|| (Please reference Dice when calling)