JOB TITLE: IT Engineer, Unified Communications
SALARY & BENEFITS: Circa £46,515 & excellent benefits package
WORKING HOURS: Full time, permanent
THE COMPANY: Our client, an international exams group, designing and delivering assessments to over 8 million learners in over 170 countries. They are committed to ensuring that all our assessments are fair, have sound ethical underpinning, and operate according to the highest technical standards
THE ROLE: IT Engineer, Unified Communications - Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
My clients Business Technologies Services Department is looking to recruit a Senior Engineer into the Infrastructure Applications team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team who are focused on the delivery of IT applications and services to Cambridge Assessments end user community. The team itself primarily delivers Microsoft application and commercial off the shelf product support in the following areas; collaboration, communication, file and print, remote working and device management.
The Infrastructure Applications team sits in the wider area of End User Services and provides second and third line support functionality to the Technology Service Desk and Desktop Support teams.
Key Responsibilities to include: - Senior IT Engineer, Unified Communications - Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
- Be the Technical Lead and help the Team Leader manage Day to day support provision - Ensure the team provides appropriate second/third line support for technologies that the team owns within agreed SLAs. This may be out of hours.
- Help the team to define ownership for all technologies that are managed by the team. Take an active part in creating roadmaps and vision documents for all applications.
- Take the lead role to manage and prepare for implementation projects in the operational/support environment including evaluation, feasibility, technical investigations, pilots, proof of concepts, training and education
- Provide expert advice to Line Management on technical capabilities of IT products within operational support environment, in order to assess the feasibility of proposed project to determine appropriateness of IT solutions and to maintain alignment with the wider technical framework
- Help ensure that best practice is applied and maintained in all aspects of Service and support. Help line manager with planning activities for the next financial year to feed into the budgeting process.
The Candidate- IT Engineer, Unified Communications - Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
The ideal applicant must be experienced with working through the ITIL framework and be highly skilled in Microsoft's unified communication technologies such as, Lync/Skype for business and Exchange. The applicant will also have experience with telephony platform solutions particularly, Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Unified Contact Centre Express.
Key Experience knowledge & skills for the role: - IT Engineer, Unified Communications - Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
• Proven IT Support experience in mid to large sized enterprise
• Educated to a degree level or equivalent real life experience
• ITIL v3 Foundation (ideal)
• Microsoft Specialists certification in Lync 2013 (Preferable)
• MCSE - Exchange Server 2013 (Preferable)
• CCNP voice
• Extensive experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Server technologies
• Working knowledge of Collaboration tools including SharePoint, Yammer, Webex, Vidyo
• Previous working experience of Cisco telephony
• Experience of an O365 environment
• Good understanding of Service Management processes
The closing date for receipt of applications is 2 nd April 2017 and interviews will be held shortly.