The IT SD Portfolio Office plays a key role in the successful delivery of Systems Development projects and programmes. Through providing a variety of information, data and metrics to the Senior IT Management Team we enable tactical and strategic decision making and continually seek to develop our portfolio capability through reviewing and improving tools & processes.
In the role of IT Portfolio Analyst you will work with a number of stakeholders, including the Senior IT Management Team, Quality Assurance Team and wider Project Management community to ensure the right information exists at a project/programme, budget and resource level.
This role demands a very flexible, adaptable approach and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously due to reporting deadlines and priorities.
Reporting to the Portfolio Manager, the key responsibilities of the role are to provide Portfolio support and analysis as follows:
Portfolio & Resource Co-ordination
- Work with IT Managers, Project Managers and Team Leaders to maintain the IT Systems Development Portfolio Plans
- Work with IT Managers to ensure Pipeline activity is captured and monitored
- Maintain a detailed resource plan and skills profile and monitor resource availability
- Ensure all required information and metrics data is captured in a timely manner for provision to the Senior IT Management Team
- Identify and drive through initiatives to improve Portfolio tools & processes.
Reporting & Analysis
- Collate and analyse data to provide key decision making information
- Co-ordinate the timely and accurate submission of regular portfolio and project status reporting
- Assist in the collation of information and metrics for the Systems Development Monthly Report
- Work with the Senior IT Management Team to a variety of produce Board Packs
- Use Portfolio tools to run resource reports
- Work with the Portfolio Manager to ensure accurate tracking of forecasts and actuals
- Assist in the collation and creation of the monthly SD Portfolio Dashboard
- Coordinate and participate in regular Portfolio meetings such as Portfolio Planning & Review, project scoping & communication sessions.
- Assist in the coordination of team communications
- Ensure reminders and communications are disseminated in line with the Communications Schedule
- Assist in developing the Portfolio Office Intranet pages
- Explore the use of all available communication channels (including noticeboards and Service Televisions) to cascade and promote information regarding the Portfolio Office and its services.
QA & Governance
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance Team and the Infrastructure PMO to ensure understanding of processes and adherence to governance and project methodology
- Identify improvements to existing governance and processes.
Skills and experience:
- PMO or project management qualification would be advantageous, for example, P3O and Prince 2.
- Relevant experience in a Portfolio, Programme or Project Office in a medium-large IT organisation is a must
- The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of P3O principles and practical use
- Demonstrable ability to collate information, analyse and present in a usable format
- The candidate must have good Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint and good general IT literacy
- Practical experience of portfolio tools, Planview (preferred)
- Practical experience of a systems development lifecycle / structure environment would be advantageous