IT Support Manager
Up to £40,000 pa
Full time, permanent (35 hours per week)
Closing date: 24 February 2017
Mothers’ Union are looking for a creative, innovative and accomplished IT professional with a flair for thinking operationally and strategically, to take on this challenging and wide-ranging IT Support Manager role at our head office in London SW1.
Established in 1876, Mothers’ Union is a membership organisation with over 60 affiliated local charities in Britain and Ireland and over 600 worldwide. This challenging role is based in our Enterprises & House Unit, which, as well as trading as MU Enterprises for the charity, is home to our services, security, telecoms, health & safety, fabric and contents and IT.
We have recently started an exciting project to upgrade our IT systems, websites, CRM database and the IT Manager will play a pivotal and lead role in ensuring that this project is completed to a high standard, in time and within budget.
As IT Support Manager, you will play a lead role in delivering our IT strategy for hardware and software, database management and security, in line with changing needs and emerging technologies. Key to the role will be the ability to provide 1st, 2nd and some 3rd line support, as well as technical leadership across the organisation, including the management of our membership and accounting databases. Responsible for ensuring all users are set up with the IT, phone and digital facilities they require, other aspects of the role will involve:
• Managing user rights of staff, ensuring all employees are aware of our IT procedures and systems, providing a training programme where appropriate
• Taking responsibility for all IT security and maintenance
• Develop and implement an IT strategy for hardware, website development & management and database management and security, in line with changing needs and emerging technologies
• Reviewing existing IT outsourcing contracts and proactively explore new technological innovations that would be beneficial to Mothers’ Union
• In collaboration with the Head of MUE & House, oversee the organisation’s IT budget.
To succeed as IT Support Manager, you will need extensive experience of IT infrastructure and technical operations and comprehensive knowledge of networks, hardware, servers, storage and back up, databases and software. We are also seeking:
• A proven ability to work with databases, in particular membership databases and accounting packages, plus experience of managing systems that support multiple user rights access
• Excellent project, time management and interpersonal skills, experience of setting and managing budgets and the ability to work largely self-directed and prioritise a busy workload to meet deadlines
• A strategic mindset, the ability to work as part of a team in a cross-functional environment and the communication skills it takes to explain technology in a way that makes it accessible for all users.
This role could provide a great opportunity for an experienced IT Support Officer or IT Support Manager to develop their career and skills within a technically evolving organisation. While the role demands previous IT support experience in a multi user environment, there is also some scope for web exposure, development and back end configuration. Candidates with some knowledge of this, including liaising with website hosts, literacy in SQL Server and query writing and report interpretation would be highly advantageous.
Mothers’ Union is unique. We don’t work alongside communities, we work inside communities. We are an exciting and growing grassroots charity with over 4 million members in 83 countries bringing Christian care for families right at the heart of communities worldwide. It is a goal that we actively pursue through our faith, programme work, advocacy and policy campaigns.
Job reference information
|| (Please reference Dice when calling)