Our client, a market leading financial services company, is looking for an ambitious IT Support Technician to join their expanding team at a time when the organisation is embarking on a significant growth plan. Due to this, the company are looking for an ambitious 2nd line IT Support Technician who can help support the organisation's rapidly growing user base.
Due to this growth, the organisation is embarking on a large digital transformation and will be implementing the most cutting edge solutions and technology possible, giving you, as a 2nd line IT Support Technician, the chance to work on a variety of rollout projects.
This growth is causing their head count to double from just under 500 to over 1000, which will offer you, as a 2nd line IT Support Technician, fantastic progression opportunities. To accommodate this growth, the client has recently relocated to a luxurious office space in the centre of Cardiff, offering a great working environment with a vibrant team culture that encourages innovation and hard work
As a 2nd Line Desktop Support Analyst, your responsibilities will include:
* Provide 1st and 2nd line technical support for the IT infrastructure, network and desktop environment including printing and telephony.
* Application Support and Administration.
* Undertake ad-hoc technical queries and project work; provide expertise and support to IT colleagues in the development, set-up and implementation of new and revised services
* Maintain, develop and enhance the core builds, install and package applications for central distribution
* Identifying, recommending and implementing solutions to re-occurring problems.
* Identify opportunities for improvements that will assist business users.
* Building and maintaining the IT Service knowledge base, ensuring documentation, manuals and procedures are updated as required.
* Liaising with external providers and contractors to resolve issues.
* Assist with the identification of new technologies, processes or methodologies that will best meet organizational needs
* Being a team player to support the business and adhere to Group and Company plans, policies and procedures.
* Ability to occasionally work flexible hours if necessary and perform out of hours standby if required.
As a 2nd Line Desktop Support Analyst, you will possess the following experience:
* Broad experience providing user and system support
* A strong focus on service delivery and customer satisfaction
* A desire to show initiative
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems and applications including Windows 7, 8 and 10, PC architecture, Office 2010/2016/365, Mobile Device Management (MDM), Active Directory/Exchange Administration, Group Policies (GPO).
* Good attention to detail with a methodical and thorough approach to work
* Analytical thinking / decision making on daily operational issues
* Excellent communications skills
You will be rewarded with an annual salary of up to £30,000 (DEO) plus a competitive bonus package of a fantastic work life balance (35 hours per week), Pension scheme of 10%, life assurance and lots more!
If this sounds of interest to you, contact Lucy on 02920 37 55 99, or send your CV in to firstname.lastname@example.org
CPS Group (UK) Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job reference information
||CPS Group Limited
||02920 375599 (Please reference Dice when calling)