Job Title: IT Systems Support
Location: Goole, South Yorkshire
The company is a leading vehicle converter who has a strong track record in delivering quality products for a wide range of customers. The company currently has a vacancy for an IT Systems Support role reporting directly to the IT Manager. The role provides an excellent opportunity for someone who is currently operating in a similar role but would like to become involved in all aspects of the role providing a first class service to the end users. The business continues to grow both its portfolio of products and its customer base and it is therefore an ideal opportunity for someone who is committed to developing their career to join the company.
The IT Systems Support role will provide first line support for end users, maintaining and repairing the IT infrastructure and upgrading such systems when required.
- Ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of Windows systems to meet company objectives.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems, including end user desktop PCs and enterprise data and application servers.
- Ensure that Windows-based workstations and servers comply with established policies, standards, licensing agreements, and configuration guidelines.
- Perform system backups and routinely assist in the testing of recovery procedures to ensure full data retrieval.
- Review and deploy new Windows service packs, hot fixes, system updates, and vendor-supplied patches according to the IT policies.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Document all support cases including issues, resolutions, etc.
- Maintain a central IT inventory of all IT hardware and software. Eg. Monitors, PC's, switches, etc
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Provide end user support for all processes and applications within the EFACS ERP system.
- Support the IT infrastructure in such a way as to provide agreed levels of service to all users within the business.
- Understand the EFACS database structure and the SQL language in order to extract analytical data and construct end user reports using report writer software including SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services)
- To provide additional resource to assist in IT projects as required by the IT Manager.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Administrative knowledge of Windows Server (External qualification or proven experience)
- Windows 7/8/10 Desktop Support
- Working knowledge of SQL databases
- Crystal Reports / SSRS report writing desirable but not essential
- Managing a ticket based Help-Desk
- Knowledge of EFACS ERP System desirable but not essential
- Understanding of server hardware and peripheral components
- Ability to work as part of a team or alone as projects require
- Creative problem solving skills and proactive innovation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven Analytical and problem solving abilities
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: IT Support Engineer, IT Service Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, 1st Line Support Engineer, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, 1st Line Support Technician, Technical Support, IT Support, Hosted Technical Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support may also be considered for this role.