Java Developer (Oracle, Java, software development, Agile, SQL, Unix)
Salary: £42,750 - £47,250
With 60000+ staff and 50m customers HMRC is one of the biggest organisations in the UK, running the largest digital operation in Government and one of the biggest IT estates in Europe. We have six modern, state-of-the-art digital delivery centres where multiple cross functional agile teams thrive in one of the most dynamic and innovative environments in the UK. We are expanding our Customs & International Trade Delivery Group and are recruiting into a number of posts within the Revenue & Customs Digital Technology Service in Worthing.
About the Java Developer (Oracle, Java, software development, Agile, SQL, Unix) role
The successful candidate will be placed in a mixed-experience team. You will be expected to be involved in all aspects of Java software development. You’ll be required to hit the ground running, applying your existing skills and experience to interpret requirements and architecture. You will code, unit test, build and deploy solutions within multi-discipline teams and work on a variety of projects from Oracle SOA integration and Oracle BPM through to standalone Java web apps and complex back-end component development.
Role requirements for the Java Developer (Oracle, Java, software development, Agile, SQL, Unix)
The post holder will be responsible for the following:
• Ensuring that coding, unit and integration test activities are carried out correctly and to recognised standards (test creation, test data creation and test execution)
• Contributing to design activities on the team, attending design workshops and contributing to the production of design specifications
• Playing an active part in process improvement
• Ensuring compliance with all relevant quality processes and procedures, including completion of all the specified quality records
Essential criteria for the Java Developer (Oracle, Java, software development, Agile, SQL, Unix) role
As well as demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, with a positive 'can do' attitude, the candidate will be experienced in the following:
• Java (EJB 3.x/Spring)
• JPA (Hibernate & Eclipselink)
• XML (xsd creation and xslt transformations)
• Weblogic (10g/11g/12c)
• Web Services (SOAP & REST)
• Working on high-volume/distributed systems
• The full software development lifecycle
• Agile / Scrum Projects, with the proven ability to work in a team environment under pressure to deliver quality products to tight deadlines.
• Oracle database development experience (PL/SQL and schema design)
• Experience of source control systems (Subversion)
Desirable criteria for the Java Developer (Oracle, Java, software development, Agile, SQL, Unix) role
• Continuous Integration and Deployment methodology and tooling (especially Maven).
• Experience of source control systems (Git)
• Experience of Agile tooling such as Jira and Confluence
• Ability to create, seek and act upon opportunities to obtain and share knowledge
• Continuous Integration and Deployment methodology and tooling
To apply for the role of Java Developer (Oracle, Java, software development, Agile, SQL, Unix), please click the ‘apply now’ button.
Job reference information
|| (Please reference Dice when calling)