L3 Video and Conferencing Engineer
The L3 Video Infrastructure and Conferencing Operations Team is looking for a L3 Video and Conferencing Engineer to help administer the client’s global video and audio conferencing solutions. The primary function of the team is operations and our top priority is to manage the issues and incidents that are escalated from the L2 team quickly and effectively.
The team is also responsible for managing the transition of new services and product enhancements from development into production. We assist the development efforts by advocating for the operational use cases and providing feedback to optimize service quality.
• 5+ years of experience developing and optimizing real time video streaming systems in large enterprise environments
• 5+ years of experience working with PBX integration scenarios including inbound and outbound PSTN and SIP Trunking
• Direct work experience with video codecs (e.g. VP8, H.323, H.264), knowledge of how the various codecs work, and the ability to recommend the appropriate codec based on a specific set of use cases
• Deep knowledge of data networking and the unpredictability and variability of the Internet impact the user experience. Understanding how packet loss, latency, bandwidth, jitter, etc. are measured and how these impact communications is a must.
• 3-5 years of experience with Cisco Video Communications Server, Telepresence Management Suite, and Cisco Unified Communications Manager
• Experience with Pexip and Qumu are desirable
• Experience with Webex or GotoMeeting is desirable
• Experience with Lync 2010/Skype for Business as a video endpoint is desirable
• Experience with IT Service Management / ITIL v3 processes and best practices
• Experience with Network Management and Monitoring tools
• Proficiency writing automations using PERL or Python manipulate RESTful APIs
Please click Apply Now to send us your CV and hear more about this role
Job reference information
|| (Please reference Dice when calling)