Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Our status, as a company limited by guarantee with no shareholders, enables us to make our customers our focus, reinvesting our profits to provide more and better healthcare for current and future customers.
We employ over 84,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Hong Kong, Chile, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, India, New Zealand, Thailand and the US.
Around 70% of our revenue is from health insurance, with the rest from health and care provision. We fund healthcare around the world and run clinics, hospitals, dental centres, care homes and retirement villages in a number of countries.
A global leader in healthcare. With the infrastructure to succeed.
- To manage the Operational Planning MI development team, providing knowledge and experience of Big Data, reporting, analytics and BI software, with responsibility for the end-to-end reporting solution
- Understand business objectives and translate them into analytic plans, ensure timely creation of reports, effectively collaborate within the organisation, distilling information into key actionable items that support organisational goals and have the ability to communicate concepts and insights internally and externally, matching the communication to the audience
- Understand and define the infrastructure and software requirements needed to meet business data and report delivery requirements.
- Have the ability to engage in a broad range of disciplines including development, design, finance, strategy and customer service.
- Own MI project plans and develop the skill set of the team members to match and meet business and personal development requirements
- Keep abreast of information technology products and trends and be able to provide strategic guidance and advice to senior members of the team to help understand how these might benefit the business
- Timely and insightful problem definition and intervention along with a forward thinking, proactive approach to business management.
- Understanding of BHF's services and products and keep up to date with any new developments
To deliver or lead the delivery of:
- Partner with the senior staff in your areas of support to achieve the commercial agenda and maintain influential relationships.
- Decision support and analysis for business users on an ad hoc basis
- Work alongside the Heads of Department and Senior Managers to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of the data and reporting solution.
- Accurately assess the impact and risks of any proposed changes to systems and procedures used in the delivery of MI reporting
- Track how well your area is meeting business needs and, where necessary, create or modify SLAs to reinforce service delivery
- Engage relevant teams in the design and delivery of the reporting product to ensure accuracy, appropriateness and competitiveness
- Actively engage with stakeholders and work closely with colleagues in Business Services, Customer Services, Sales and other MI teams across BUPA.
- Interface with MI teams across BUPA to ensure clear lines of responsibility and accountability in relation to provision of operational versus financial MI, taking opportunities to drive out inefficiencies and introduce improvements in relation to the way the team works.
- Work with members of Business Services to ensure that infrastructure and software requirements are provided, supported and maintained to meet operational data and reporting requirements.
- Keep abreast of trends and developments in the IT industry
- Identification of data quality and integrity requirements for the reporting solution
- Highly Experienced IT practitioner
- Proven track record in systems analysis and design
- Extensive knowledge of MI, process change and customer focused deliverables
- Conduct performance reviews on time, professionally, and accurately.
- Collaborative working style with the ability to work across different parts of the organisations and personalities
- Ability to set priorities and make trade-offs
- High level of professional maturity.
- Strong understanding of MI reporting and delivery best practice
- Proven track record of working with end to end Data warehousing and the Business Intelligence Stack.
- Understanding of the Microsoft SharePoint solution
- Have implemented a Database Warehouse solution with experience of the design and architecture (Relational and Dimensional modelling).
- Strong exposure to Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server and Data transformation tools
- Expert experience in Cognos 8/10 Framework Manager (Metadata Modelling), Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Query Studio, Transformer, OLAP cubes and Administration.
In return you will be rewarded with excellent benefits - including 25 days holiday, free healthcare, an onsite gym and a subsidised canteen. You'll also be supported in developing your skills with ongoing training and career opportunities.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
For further information on Bupa, our equal opportunities and your career with us, please visit www.bupa.co.uk