JOB TITLE: Mainframe Security Systems Programmer (Mainframe, iSeries, CICS)
Location: Horsham, South East, UK
Salary: Highly Competitive
Wipro GIS-DCS is a leading IT Infrastructure Outsourcer helping customer’s access cutting-edge technologies without incurring significant capital expenditures. Wipro GIS-DCS accomplishes this by delivering a highly reliable and secure infrastructure solution to our customers in a wide range of industries across multiple platforms including zSeries, iSeries, UNIX, Windows, and Linux.
About the Mainframe Security Systems Programmer (Mainframe, iSeries, CICS) role:
Senior level team member within the Mainframe (zSeries) Security team to include the system programming support, version migration support, and configuration and maintenance of the security software products on the zSeries platform. Additional duties include the evaluation and integration of new technologies; advanced support issues to insure high availability; coordination and communication; and consulting compliance with all policies, principles and directives.
REQUIRED SKILLS of the Mainframe Security Systems Programmer (Mainframe, iSeries, CICS):
• Extensive experience with - developing new and supporting established security policies - tuning and optimizing aspects of the security products - production troubleshooting and problem solving abilities.
• Demonstrated ability to respond quickly and effectively to support requests from clients.
• Five to seven years of professional experience in security administration and support.
• Experience in establishing policies and procedures pertaining to security administration, maintenance and utilization preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Experience in client relationship management.
• Experience in an outsourcing environment would be a plus.
• Knowledge of RACF and ACF2 required and knowledge of Top Secret is a plus.
• Ability to prioritize shifting workloads.
• 6-10 years exposure to other zSeries (Mainframe) platform components such as OEM products, DB2, CICS, or Operations
Main Responsibilities of the Mainframe Security Systems Programmer (Mainframe, iSeries, CICS):
• Perform security administration, enhancement and tuning to support our customers' development, test, and production environments.
• Day-to-day security maintenance (such as creating backups), security administration, reporting, participation in disaster recovery drills, and involvement in security upgrades and audits.
• Expertise and work efforts will focus on the development, support and/or the customization of new services and support initiatives (customer driven project work),
• Work with vendor personnel to achieve timely solutions of security incidents and problem resolution.
• Participate in on-call responsibilities and perform off hours support of changes.
• Ability to travel required.
• Lead, train, and mentor junior, less experienced, or new personnel.
To apply for the Mainframe Security Systems Programmer (Mainframe, iSeries, CICS) role, please click the 'Apply now' button.
Job reference information
|| (Please reference Dice when calling)