Mainframe Storage Systems Programmer (DASD Systems Programmer)
Wipro GIS-DCS is a leading IT Infrastructure Outsourcer helping customer’s access cutting-edge technologies without incurring significant capital expenditures. Wipro GIS-DCS accomplishes this by delivering a highly reliable and secure infrastructure solution to our customers in a wide range of industries across multiple platforms including zSeries, iSeries, UNIX, Windows, and Linux.
General Job Description:
As a member of the mainframe DASD team, the responsible individual would be required to work on infrastructure installations and configurations as well as tech refreshes, configuration planning and management for DASD devices, customer migrations / transitions, and daily customer support.
• Strong analytical, problem definition, and problem resolution skills.
• Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
• Expert knowledge of MVS JCL and Catalog structures
• Experienced in preparing and implementing storage-related portions of Disaster Recovery Plans.
• Ability to provide assistance to technical personnel with storage management, DASD performance, and JCL allocation parameters.
• Expert with System Managed Storage processes and procedures.
• Hands on experience with multiple advanced DASD functions, such as local and remote replication, encryption, and virtualization.
• Understanding of DASD Hardware configurations
• Lead in Data Center migration projects: tape and disk to disk methodologies.
• Mentoring of junior DASD Storage Administrators.
ROLES and Responsibilities:
• Monitor storage pools and data
• Create and manage jobs for daily, weekly, and monthly backups
• Manage data migration from disk to tape
• Mentor and train DASD team members
• Data and volume recovery
• Predict trends within storage usage
• Lead new customer migrations
• Perform data migrations between storage frames for existing customers
• Provide DASD storage administration support for clients
• Participate in Disaster Recovery Tests
• Interact with account management
• Problem and Performance Resolution
• Interaction with vendors
Please click APPLY NOW to get in touch about this opportunity
Job reference information
|| (Please reference Dice when calling)