Our client has an exciting opportunity for an Operations Director to join the team based at London Docklands. The successful candidate will join them on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary plus excellent benefits and a car allowance.
There’s probably never been a more exciting time to join the team.
Why, you ask? Well they’re growing. They’re changing.
And central to this is the role of Operations Director
Our client is the pioneering data centre colocation provider established in 1989. It is an owner operator of global data centres, connectivity and managed ICT solutions to over 3000 corporations around the world. Our client is the data centre subsidiary of Japanese corporation KDDI, a leading Japanese mobile and fixed-line telecommunications and ICT solution provider with 106 offices in 28 countries around the world and a Global Fortune company. They’ve pioneered the way through their industry and have exciting plans for growth.
About the Operations Director role
You will be responsible for the strategic development of the Operations Department and ensuring the provision of high level, services for IT Operations, Cabling and Installations Facilities, Buildings Management and Site Security.
Key duties of their Operations Director will include
- Provision of a high level of service to external and internal customers to support the Company’s profitable growth and customer satisfaction.
- Overseeing the performance of various units, ensuring efficiency and continuous improvement of services to enable contribution to the success of the entire business.
- Partnering with other departments and business stakeholders through provision of a comprehensive range of operational services, ensuring adherence to Company operations guidelines, processes, standards, methodologies and frameworks.
- Liaising with the Technical Director in the development of an Operational Services plan based on the Company’s strategic business plan and ensures its ongoing accuracy for inclusion in the overall Technical Services Department planning.
- Provide the strategic development plan of the Service including business objectives, timetable and budgets.
- Co-operate with the Procurement Department to ensure the best buy for the company (optimize the cost and obtain high-quality service from external vendors)
- Ensure sub-Contract contracts are undertaken, ensuring they achieve their contracted objectives and deliverables, and the Company is protected, both legally and financially.
- Ensure customer contractual service levels are provided in a professional manner, maintaining communication with the Sales & Marketing Department.
- Liaise with all departments in respect of planned change requirements to ensure consistent and complete understanding. To provide information to all departments in a clear and timely manner.
- Provide effective leadership to enable team members to achieve their objectives and to act in a collaborative manner with all departments.
What they’re looking for in their Operations Director
You will have at least 15+ years’ experience in a Technical Service environment, with 10 years’ experience in a senior role within a Data Centre environment. They will also expect you to be highly competent in engaging, building and sustaining relationships with key stakeholders. You will also need to have a proven track record of knowledge on the construction, renovation, facility management, property management and project management industry and their practice.
With this background, you’ll also possess strong commercial acumen, be excellent at communication and relationship building (both internally and externally), an ideas generator, self-motivated and tenacious, possess strong influencing and analytical skills and be resilient. You must have experience of previously managing and developing team members.
This Operations Director role is a unique opportunity for a talented individual who is able to build trust, act with integrity and be relied upon to make a difference by adding value to the business. If you want to be part of an exciting new chapter in our client’s journey and be in the heart of the UK’s Internet and Telecommunications infrastructure, this is your opportunity to join their team and create a lasting legacy.
So if you would like to join their team as their new Operations Director then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, they’d love to hear from you!
Job reference information
|| (Please reference Dice when calling)