Oracle DBA - National Security
BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Integration & Managed Services Service Line is looking for people with in-depth Oracle database administration, support, maintenance, and performance tuning experience. You will be working in a central London client-site working on critical production systems in a unique environment. We are looking for individuals with strong technology domain experience and the willingness to tackle challenging, technical problems.
Working as part of a managed service you will be expected to bring your Oracle Subject Matter Expertise to the table and work well within a BAE Applied Intelligence team and with our clients and delivery partners.
You will be responsible for delivering support to a mixture of business critical, test and development databases, within a fully ITIL-aligned client environment that practices mature incident / problem / change management and service improvement processes. You will also be expected to contribute and implement ideas to improve service and identify ways to deliver more efficiently.
The following technical skills are considered essential:
- Oracle RAC, Oracle Data Guard.
- Recent experience of managing large multi-TB Oracle 10g / 11g databases.
- Operating systems: Linux (Red Hat 5 & 6).
- Knowledge of Backup and Recovery techniques and using Oracle RMAN, Flashback and other methods.
- Installation and use of High Availability and Disaster Recovery components; Oracle GRID Infrastructure / Clusterware.
- Installation and use of Oracle ASM (as well as traditional file system storage).
- Database Load and Transformation Techniques (SQL Loader, Data Pump, External Tables).
- Understanding of the maintenance and support aspects of databases.
#AI - DICE
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cybercrime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes - often collecting and analysing huge volumes of data.
We employ over 4,000 people across 18 countries in the Americas, APAC, UK and EMEA
Help us secure a connected world. Apply now and be inspired.