Oracle Functional Support required for a global leading client situated in Bradford.
You will be working in a team of 5 in a modern and open planned office for a client that's a household name
Provide first line functional support for Oracle E-Business Suite (11i and R12) with main focus on Finance, HR, Supply Chain modules. Capture, understand and assess criticality of ERP problems reported by end users and be in a position to resolve small to medium ERP issues. Be the main interface between the Shared Service Center user community and the Global System team for all ERP issue resolution. Guard the Change & Incident handling for Oracle ERP and make sure that the right support policies and procedures are being followed within the Global Systems team.
- Support and maintain core systems and processes to meet business requirements.
- Resolve small to medium issues and develop business solutions working with HR, Payroll, Finance, Supply Chain and IT.
- Monitor and identify problems in any of ERP system every day.
- Ensure system issues are resolved on time and efficiently to meet Accounting and Finance team's deadlines.
- Support business and end-user correspondence
- Provide routine production support through ERP business solutions
- Develop expertise within all Oracle eBusiness suite modules in due course of time.
- Significant experience within an Oracle ERP specialist functional area (at least 1 of: Financials, Projects, HR, Payroll, Supply Chain and Procurement).
- Substantial experience with configuration, development and implementing small to medium change for Oracle ERP applications within specialist area.
- Has a good understanding of the integration points between modules and experience of integrating Oracle ERP with non-ERP applications.
- Experience across a wide range of Oracle ERP 11i and R12 Applications and technologies including: knowledge of Oracle schemas and public APIs, an understanding of Oracle SQL and PL/SQL, and reporting tools (e.g. Discoverer, OBIEE, or Business Objects).
- Has experience working on wider implementation and change-led projects.
- Has experience in supporting and resolving incidents for Oracle ERP specialist area and related applications.
- Experience of analytical roles, or has had an educational background with an IT/technology/analytical content and/or positions of relevance within the customer/business community - with a strong understanding of business processes related to specialist area.
- Practical understanding of support/analytical processes and methodologies (eg ITIL). Practical understanding of delivery processes and methodologies. Demonstrates understanding of service concepts, and ensuring the customer is central to all IT activities.
Preferred education/ qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in Information Technology, Computer Science, or other related degree.
- Strong working knowledge of finance and accounting principles.
Benefits include (but are not limited to); Private health care, Bonus scheme, Life Assurance, 25 days holiday with buy scheme, income protection and many more.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation.