Ciber has an established and successful Oracle Practice in North America. Over the last 12 months a presence in the UK has been developed and has seen significant growth, particularly in the Higher Education sector. As the UK practice continues to grow and opens up new markets and technologies there is an immediate need for Junior Consultants to help grow with this exciting business.
Our consultants are the highly visible and accessible “face” of Ciber for our Oracle UK clients, acting as an internal advocate for their requirements whilst working closely with Ciber teams accountable for delivery. As a Junior Consultant you will work closely with our Senior Consultants to gain valuable experience out in the real world.
Ciber is a technology company focused on assisting our clients implement large and complicated technology solutions. However, this role is not focused on technical development and programming. Although there will be a significant interaction with technology, the functional role our Junior Consultants undertake will be focused on working with our clients to gather requirements and design the end to end processes the technology will support.
The individual will report to a Senior Consultant and will be expected to operate as a full member of our project teams. You will need to be adaptable, quick thinking, willing to learn and happy to take on any tasks your client project requires. You will also be assigned a mentor to guide your learning and path to full Consultant status.
Client perception and satisfaction of Ciber is heavily influenced by how well our project team is received, including any Junior Consultants. You will need to be pragmatic, action oriented with a creative, can-do approach. Additionally, you will need to demonstrate professional behaviours in your dress, communications and presentation.
A Junior Consultant can expect to be on client site, so travel can be expected.
The successful candidate will be provided with training, development and mentoring.
- Meet defined requirements and deliver your work to agreed timescales
- Contribute to major project collateral including business process, design documents, functional specifications, configuration guides, test collateral and end user training documentation.
- Assist Senior Consultant in the facilitation of client workshops.
- Participate in all aspects of the delivery cycle including gap analysis, design, build testing training and deployment.
- Potentially, there will be involvement with post-implementation system support activities.
- Collaborate with your fellow consultants, contractors and client staff on required tasks.
- Learn your technology solutions, through experience, observation at clients and through directed self-learning.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Ideally educated to degree level. Degrees with a strong emphasis in structured problem solving and logic such as philosophy, economics or maths are preferred, but any degree type considered.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Work experience work in a related field would be considered as an alternative to a degree.
- Enjoy fast paced, 24x7, entrepreneurial environments
- Desire and ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative positive approach
- Able to work autonomously and pro-actively
- Personal accountability and self-development
- “Whatever it takes” attitude
- Detail conscious