This is an excellent opportunity to join a global technology organisation as the company's PCB Layout & Test Engineer You will find yourself responsible for R & D, delivering technical work on client projects. A day in your life: You will deliver PCB designs for a wide range of applications and levels of complexity. The performance of many projects is very layout dependent and relies on careful attention to detail in layout to achieve the required specifications. Many sensor designs are implemented using PCB components, such as PCB coil based current sensors, requiring close attention to detail in the layout.
You will also be responsible for CAD library administration, new component creation and reviewing. As Test Engineer you will be responsible for conducting testing on PCB designs to verify their functionality against specifications.
- Schematic and PCB Layout skills (Altium Designer Preferred), with at least 2 years of experience
- Understanding of good layout practice
- Design to minimise EMC and maximise signal integrity
- Design for Manufacture and Design for Test
- Understanding of available PCB technologies
- PCB Thermal Management
Desirable (but not essential):
- Knowledge of Python for working with automated test systems
- Electronics (or related qualification) to A Level or higher (HNC, Degree, NVQ)
This Cambridge based company has a global impact within its field. It has a fantastic office facility and an open and supportive culture where employees are empowered to deliver. You will work amongst bright, thoughtful and motivated individuals creating an environment where great employees can thrive.
As a full time employee you will benefit from private health care, life cover, 25 days of holiday, an excellent pension scheme and much more.
In order to apply please lclick the apply button below or call me on 0117 910 3355 for a confidential discussion.
To be successful in this environment and realise your potential you will need to be:
- Highly self motivated
- Creative with hands-on problem solving and analytical abilities
- Demonstrate high integrity and ethical standards
- Have effective listening, communication (verbal and written) and negotiating skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Be a team player