The Sales Engineer (SE) / Pre-Sales Technical Consultant is responsible for the technical sales activities that support our Security and Splunk Sales. You will provide technical demonstrations including presentations to business and technical audiences ranging from end users to Sr. Executives using a variety of technology, as well as impromptu discussion and the delivery of proof of concept implementations.
ECS is one of the leading IT Security Consultancies in the UK, and Splunk the global leaders in providing operational intelligence - this position will suit someone with an appetite for working in Big Data/Operational Intelligence and Security.
A technical background working across Infrastructure and Network Security will be very beneficial for this position, you will receive training and support in Splunk, so do not necessarily need Splunk experience. Working within complex application environments and machine data will also be an advantage.
• Develop and demonstrate core competence in ECS solutions.
• Write & deliver excellent presentations; both business focused and technical.
• Answer complex technical questions and competitive questions, plus address customer concerns to a successful outcome.
• Demonstrate solutions to prospects, both onsite and remotely.
• Attend and demonstrate solutions at field events, such as conferences and trade shows.
• Respond to functional and technical elements of tender documents such as PQQs/RFIs/RFPs.
Knowledge & Skills;
• Good grounding in IT security principles and best practice.
• Experience working with complex application environments, with the ability to understand relevant sources of machine data such as performance logs, application logos, audit logs, security data sources, network centric data etc.
• Pre-sales experience working for an Enterprise Software vendor, IT consultancy or Managed Services Provider.
• Strong knowledge of client buying cycles and supporting sales process.
• Owning client technical relationships and driving successful outcomes as part of a sales team.
Recent achievements include being named as the current Splunk EMEA UK and Ireland Partner of the Year as well as their Revolution award last month. Other awards include winning the Best Security Company 2016 (Cyber Security Awards), Managed Security Partner 2016 at the Computing News (Vendor Excellence Awards).
Please click on the apply now button and forward your CV for immediate consideration for this Pre-Sales Technical Consultant (Big Data, IT Security) role.
Job reference information
|| (Please reference Dice when calling)