Pre-Sales Technical Consultant (Security)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Pre-Sales Architect & Capability Lead, with experience within the Security space, to join us on a permanent basis. This can be based at any of our office locations including Glasgow, London, Whiteley, Farnborough, Leeds.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
The Pre-Sales Architect & Capability Lead is responsible for achieving the technical objectives for the CTO Group. You will be responsible for:
- Support the development of strategic plans on how we can grow our footprint in the UK and Europe market aligned to industry trends and sector objectives
- Develop Generic Technology Frameworks (Technical Playbooks, Solution Design Patterns, RRP for implementation BOE and BOM), training material on the frameworks, demo’s to showcase / prove the framework - Develop Technology Roadmaps and solution portfolio of offerings with service wraps we can go to market with, aligned to the mid and long term objectives
- Develop business cases for R&D initiatives
- Work with technology vendors/partners and develop and maintain relationships with partners for technical support etc.
- Develop BD material; Capability Overview, Features, Business Benefits, whitepapers, case studies and playbooks. Present at Industry conferences and /or write articles
- Actively engage with the business to build a positive CTO brand
- Develop standard reference architecture design documents bundled with BOEs and BOM Pre-Sales Activities
- Support qualification, positioning, bid and other lead generation / business development activities as the SME
- Identify the best products and systems to meet the defined requirements
- Where required run POC/Prototypes/Trade Studies in the sandpit environment to ensure the right product and solution is selected - Support development of the Bill of Material (BOM) and Basis of Estimate (BOE) required to implement the technical designs developed
- Support Division leads as required, attend customer meetings conduct presentations etc.
- Author or contribute to the writing of supporting tech documents such as High level Designs, SoW, Proposals and RFI responses
R&D and Innovation
- Manage IRADs for cross cutting capability approved by corporate
- Perform Discovery of new technologies in UK and attend technology and industry shows and conferences
- Review vendor capabilities
- Coordinate UK CRADs
Leidos strives to be a recognised global leader in solving important problems in national, security, health and infrastructure. What you do, where you work, and who’s on your team are important. After all, you spend a lot of your time and energy at work. Leidos employees are smart people focused on solving the world's most-daunting challenges. The work requires insight, ingenuity, and commitment to the field.
Click 'APPLY NOW' to submit your application.
Our company headquarters is located in Reston, Virginia. Outside of the United States, we operate in 30 countries around the world with more than 2,000 employees in global locations. Our largest concentrations are in Australia and the United Kingdom where we continue to expand our local footprint.
PROFILE Specific Security Capability
Skills and Experience
- CompTIA Security +, CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker), CISSP (Certified Information Security Professional) or accredited in other industry Security certification
- Experience with Security standards and frameworks e.g. ISO/IEC 27001 / 27002
- Extensive experience designing and implementing security solutions in regulated markets
- Knowledge of compliance frameworks –PCI DSS, CESG/NCSC, DPA, FCA etc.
- Broad security knowledge –Encryption, VPN, Data loss prevention, PKI etc.
- Expertise designing, implementing, and supporting Enterprise-grade technical solutions meeting complex business requirements
- Strong problem-solving and triage skills with the ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment
- Quick learner with an in-depth understanding of the capability
- Strong design and engineering experience; e.g. Architect, Senior System Engineer and Design Lead roles
- TOGAF or equivalent Architecture certification an advantage
- Strategic consulting experience around transition and transformation, Digital transformation programs
- Ability to work autonomously, work to tight deadlines, prioritize workloads and work with related internal business functions such as commercial, legal and finance.
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Click 'APPLY NOW' to submit your application.
Job reference information
|| (Please reference Dice when calling)