Project Manager (Applications, Development, Agile)
A leafing UK FTSE 100 provider of IT solutions and services are looking to hire a talented Project Manager (Applications, Development, Agile) to join a rapidly expanding team in Bury St. Edmunds.
The Project Manager (Applications, Development, Agile) will be responsible for taking responsibility of the definition, specification and successful delivery of complex projects through the management of internal and, where appropriate, external project resources, ensuring that quality, time and budget targets are met.
The successful Project Manager (Applications, Development, Agile) will manage the work of between 5 -15 developers/testers although some will not be permanently attached to the projects.
Responsibilities for the Project Manager (Applications, Development, Agile):
- Take responsibility for the delivery of complex projects from pre project/initiation stage in order that timescales, resourcing and budgets are clearly specified and agreed;
- Build an excellent working relationship with all client stakeholders;
- Provide proactive management to ensure projects are well managed and controlled throughout their full project lifecycle and in accordance with any agreed approaches or policies;
- Devise, implement and monitor appropriate management information and review mechanisms in order to be able to assess progress on a timely and professional basis against all relevant measures to all internal and external stakeholders;
- Utilise management information on a timely basis to take appropriate remedial action in respect of deliverables, timescales or budget as appropriate, ensuring that all relevant parties are informed, consulted and participate in decisions as required;
- Escalate appropriate issues immediately they are identified to internal management and the end client as required;
- Provide leadership, management and motivation to all members of the project team and ensure all additional assistance and that any required training is provided on a timely basis, taking into account the impact on agreed project progress;
Experience for the Project Manager (Applications, Development, Agile):
- Membership of the PMI, BCS or other relevant institute would be advantageous.
- Demonstrable management experience of highly skilled technical resources is essential;
- At least 5 years technical project management experience;
- Experience of all aspects of software development lifecycle;
- Strong stakeholder management and relationship building;
- Strong interpersonal skills including facilitation, influencing, negotiation, conflict resolution, presentation, planning and empowerment;
- Ability to effectively facilitate or manage workshops to determine and record requirements;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential for the purpose of producing documentation and relating ideas / information to other team members and non-technical people;
- Ability to assist in translating business requirements into technical specifications;
- Sound working knowledge of industry standard development methodologies;
- Experience of delivering software development projects in both Agile environments;
- Experience of iterative development process and evolving requirements;
- Evidence of structured project management training such as Prince2;
- Good class degree in computing science or equivalent desirable
To apply for the Project Manager role please press the apply button.