Our client has a new exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join the team based in their head office in Harrogate. The successful candidate will join them on a full time, 6 month fixed term contract and will receive a competitive salary of up to £200 per day depending on experience.
What they can offer you in return as their Project Manager
Benefits will include, modern offices with easy access to train station, as well as onsite car parking and 27 days holiday pro rata for the contract.
Our client the award-winning, specialist insurance provider, is an underwriting company dedicated to providing insurance solutions to meet the needs of agricultural and rural based businesses. Working exclusively with brokers, they supply insurance products that provide a broad range of rural business and farming requirements.
About the Project Manager role
You will deliver a number of IT systems based migration and separation initiatives to improve our client’s application estate and achieve separation from group solutions.
As required, you will work closely with business units, third parties and in-house technical resource to specify requirements and see the delivery through to realisation.
Key Responsibilities of their Project Manager:
A number of distinct objectives need to be realised to remove our client’s dependency on shared group IT systems. The successful candidate will be tasked with initiating a formal project to segregate or replace systems covering:
- IT Infrastructure particularly wide area network connectivity
- VoIP telephony solutions
- Line of business and financial control systems
- Data segregation and archiving
Working with key business stakeholders, third party vendors and internal technical resource the project manager will own the planning, resource management, risk profiling and governance structure to realise a robust delivery.
You must be a self motivated individual happy to own and drive through a wide range of changes pulling on resource as appropriate in an SME environment. Working with subject matter experts the project manager will need to gather requirements and produce clear project initiation documentation and robust plans to realise the objectives.
Experience of infrastructure and software delivery projects would be a strong advantage but not essential. The day to day duties of the project manager will focus on hands on plan, risk, decision, requirements and resource management; predominately co-ordinating with third parties and group sister companies, using steering groups where necessary to reach consensus and remove blockers to progress.
What they’re looking for in their Project Manager
- An experienced project manager with at least 3 years experience of delivering a range of change projects
- A good facilitator, able to engage at all levels in order to elicit requirements
- Able to construct and manage financial plans, budgets and forecasts
- Supplier management experience
- Able to represent the company externally and act as a company ambassador
- Communicates effectively in a style appropriate to audience
- Analytic skills – defines, re-engineers and reviews processes
- Understanding of commercial, financial, legislative and regulatory requirements
- Skilled application of the risk management process
Preferred Skills required
- General understanding of the Insurance Industry; processes, products and distribution
- Specific understanding of the use of IT and applications within the insurance industry
- Experience of managing data migration projects and user testing
- Involvement in feasibility assessments, business case generation and contract negotiations
- A relevant degree or equivalent experience
- Up to date Prince2 and/or Agile certification
So if you feel you have the skills and experience to become their new Project Manager then please click ‘apply’ today!
Job reference information
|| (Please reference Dice when calling)