QA Automation Engineer- Coventry -Perm - £50,000-£55,000 + Bonus
Testing - Automation, Performance, Integration - Mobile, Tablet, API's
The Harvey Nash Testing Practice has partnered with a market leading Customer Engagement organisation based in Coventry. As part of their growth plan the business are looking for a QA Automation Engineer who can take ownership for quality, drive best practice in the businesses teams, and develop their long term Automation quality & testing strategy.
This is a great opportunity to join a thriving, growing, innovative business and be a real advocate for change!
"Working within our development teams to help develop automation tools for our software platform by creating innovative automated test strategies and suites that support and enhance the current Quality Assurance processes within the business. As part of ongoing improvement programmes the QA Automation Engineer with input into the automation strategy in order to drive quality and coverage forward in a complex suite of enterprise level applications."
* Work as part of cross functional, passionate agile project teams to ensure quality is driven into the heart of the development process from requirements definition through to delivery
* Designing, developing and supporting frameworks for our test infrastructure and providing automation expertise to our development teams
* Contributing toward predictable delivery of quality releases
* Research, recommend and implement tools as needed with the goal of increasing automation
* Mentor team members on automation
* Proactively bringing issues and problems to the attention of the team; generating, proposing and implementing innovative solutions to solve them
The Requirements / Experience
* Excellent English communication skills (written & verbal)
* Strong background in, and at least 3+ years of working in tooling or QA automation
* Thorough understanding of SDLC, specifically automated QA processes in agile development environments
* Experience in writing, executing and monitoring automated test suites using a variety of technologies including, but not limited to, Cucumber, Concordion, Selenium, Fit/FitNesse, SoapUI Proficient with bug tracking and test management toolsets to support development processes
* Strong working knowledge of testing fundamentals such as TDD & BDD
* Proficient working with relational databases such as MySQL & PostreSQL
* Some knowledge of Unix/Linux
Other areas of interest or experience (but not essential)
* Building test infrastructures using containerization technologies such as Docker and working within continuous delivery / continuous release pipeline processes
* Testing enterprise applications deployed to cloud environments such as AWS
* Experience mentoring QA staff and end users on quality objectives and testing processes
* Understanding of coding enterprise applications within Java, PHP, Python and other languages
* Understanding of NoSQL database technologies such as MongoDB or DynamoDB
* CTFL, ISTQB, CSQA or CSTE certified
* Degree level qualifications in a technical related subject
* SaaS experience
* Enterprise level project delivery
* Experience in mobile, email and telephony services
* Proactive 'self-starter' attitude
* Lifelong learner - thrives from developing and sharing knowledge
* BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject - or equivalent work experience
If you feel you match these requirements and would be interest to join a growing business that will develop you and your career further please send in your CV via this advert at the first instance.
We CANNOT accept candidates on Tier 2 Visa's only Tier 1 or with ILR/PR, or a UK/EU Citizens, sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Contact: Jessica Quinney
Tel: 0121 717 1962
Ref number: 310741/006
Job reference information
|| (Please reference Dice when calling)