Software Development Engineer:
Microsoft Research Cambridge is seeking a talented research software development engineer to work on the design and development of a state of the art computer vision system for deployment in a high-profile Microsoft product.
The team has an excellent track record of incorporating leading edge research into bestselling products including the body part recognition technology in Kinect for Xbox.
The successful candidate will be responsible for executing all phases of software development including design, implementation, performance tuning, testing, and documentation.
Essential experiences are as follows:
- Advanced degree in computer science, engineering or similar field with strong background in mathematics.
- Superb software development skills in the C++ programming language.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Knowledge of computer vision, computer graphics, and machine learning is highly desirable.
- Experience in optimizing complex numerical algorithms also highly desirable.
About Microsoft Research
Since Microsoft Research was established in 1991, it has become one of the largest, fastest-growing, most respected software research organizations in the world. Its distinguished researchers and scientists help shape the computing experience of millions of people worldwide through advances that enhance virtually every product Microsoft ships.
Microsoft Research Cambridge
Microsoft Research Cambridge was set up in July 1997 with three researchers. Today over 100 researchers and engineers are engaged in Computer Science research at the Lab. The city of Cambridge, England, was the clear choice for the location of the facility because of its world-renowned reputation and its rich history as a centre of learning.
Job reference information
|| (Please reference Dice when calling)