At Sky Betting & Gaming we don't have team Teams we have Tribes. Each Tribe is made up of small, agile and autonomous squads who work collaboratively with a shared purpose.
So whether you join our Bet Tribe, Early Careers Tribe or anything in between, you will work with a group of people with raw energy, natural talent, and the kind of spirit that helps us think big, act bold, and change the game.
It all means that we've created the kind of workplace that wins awards such as a place on the prestigious list of Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For.
Who we are?
The Core Account tribe is responsible for the end to end provision of account services to support the consumer-facing products, and systems used by the SB&G business teams. These services include Identity Services (Registration, Verification, SSO), Payments, Deposits, Account History and key data services supporting Bet functionality such as Bet Tracker and Cashout; Gaming functionality such as Reality Check account preferences.
The tribe is organised into several squads:
- Payments Squad. Managing Payment providers, integrations to payment acquirers
- Customer Operations Squad. Providing services to support Contact Centre staff manage customer accounts
- Account Squad. Looking after the customer-facing interface and registration APIs for consumption by product squads.
- Devops. Managing the underlying platform supporting the platform and supporting the live service
- Service Management - responsible for managing and communicating live incidents, conducting Post Incident Reviews; planning and coordinating scheduled outages on behalf of the tribe.
Our Challenge to you..
As a Scrum Master in SB&G you will:
- Work with multiple autonomous squads in a continuous delivery environment to deliver high quality customer outcomes using Lean and Agile methods.
- Be an exceptional leader and role model within your team, demonstrating a strong delivery ethic using Agile values and principles through your thinking, processes and actions.
- Foster a continuous improvement culture and, through the use of data, the ability to "fail fast and cheaply", learn from the experience and encourage innovative approaches for improvement.
- Empower your team and facilitate the delivery of high-quality software regularly, repeatedly and predictably through a focus on risk management, technical excellence, business value and the needs of the customer.
- Own the delivery process and outcomes for your squads utilising a combination of Lean, Scrum and Kanban.
- Growing and facilitating highly motivated and capable teams to deliver innovative solutions for our customers.
- Determining, managing and improving the delivery metrics around key areas such as flow efficiency, delivery against purpose and quality.
- Facilitate all relevant agile rituals (Stand up, Retrospective, Planning etc.)
- Be a conduit for cross tribe communication, bringing people and teams together to best solve current issues and share successes.
What we need...
- Significant experience of evolving agile and lean techniques
- Outcome focussed, ability to determine what adds value and what does not
- Aligns own behaviour and actions to organisation vision and goals
- Self starter, inquisitive, never satisfied with the status-quo
- Clear, concise and influential communicator
- Confident and credible when working with senior executives
- Commercially astute, approaches problems and opportunities from the perspective of the customer
- Lean process awareness and a continuous improvement mentality
- Takes a data driven, experimental approach to solving problems and investigating opportunities
- Commercial experience of implementing change for high volume RIA (Rich Internet Applications) in an always-on digital environment
Quick nosy at us?
Grab a cup of "posh" coffee and catch up with your team before the daily standup. Then get your head into the zone, working closely alongside the other engineers, testers and ops in your squad.
When you need a break you can take a ride down our famous slide, or even have a game of table tennis. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7x_k7H55cI
Based in Yorkshire, we have grown to become one of the UK's leading online betting and gaming companies. A business driven by bleeding edge technology, that brings the excitement of sports betting, casino games, poker and bingo to over 200,000 customers a day & growing!
It's a workplace like no other, with a mission to make Betting & Gaming better.
And we want you to be part of it.