Competitive + Benefits
We are seeking a Security Engineer to join Freshfields at our new Global Centre (Europe) in Manchester. The purpose of this role is to operate and manage the firm's internal IT security infrastructure, in conjunction with the firm's chosen IT security partner. The role is also responsible for managing and developing that infrastructure so as to provide continued, effective defence against cyber threats.
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer is a major international law firm, providing business law advice of the highest quality. We want to be the law firm that clients turn to for legal advice where it matters most, wherever in the world that may be. We deliver seamless service across borders, cultures and languages, and the launch of the Freshfields Global Centre (Europe) is central to this vision.
Our aspiration is to extend the Centre outside Europe, enabling us to give our lawyers the worldwide 24/7 support they need to deliver excellent client service.
You will be joining us in the early stages of this initiative, and helping to shape this new and exciting way of delivering our global services. Whatever your area of expertise, this is a place where you can be yourself and really flourish.
The IT Department is responsible for providing technology and support to enable fee earners and business services employees to operate efficiently both internally and with their clients. The IT department is comprised of two functions, Customer Services and Technology Services. These two functions work closely together with the shared goal of delivering strategic business value through the application of technology. IT operates as a global team with regional presence in most of our offices. Our centralised IT infrastructure is maintained and managed by Technology Services and Customer Services provides all business facing support and services.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES OF THE SECURITY ENGINEER
Ownership of Security Infrastructure
• Ensures the correct application of operational procedures
• Ensures that documentation of the supported components is available and in an appropriate format for those providing support
• Identifies operational problems and accountable for their resolution in accordance with agreed standards and procedures
• Provides reports and proposals for improvement
• Provides security advice as needed to the IT department and to the business
• Manages processes relating to the installation, maintenance and operation of security infrastructure including AV, PKI, Active Directory and Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS 2.0)
• Responsible for the implementation of agreed changes and maintenance routines
• Initiates and monitors actions to investigate and resolve problems in systems and services
• Responsible for the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures
• Ensures that incidents and requests are handled according to agreed procedures
• Investigates identified security breaches in accordance with established procedures and responsible for applying the appropriate remediation
• Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures
• Leads non-networks related security projects
• Evaluates new security technologies and products, and performs engineer-level work and analysis to determine if solutions should be pursued
• Provides security consultancy/advice as needed to operational and project teams
• Validates that proposed solutions for new systems or for upgrades to existing systems are acceptable from a security standpoint
Management of suppliers
• Monitors and reports on supplier performance
• Develops opportunities for improvement
• Identifies where change is needed and works with supplier to ensure that it is made
Essential Technical Skills
• Good networking knowledge – TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS
• A good knowledge and hands on experience of current Windows server operating environments, Active Directory and Group Policy
• Exposure to and working knowledge of –
o AV systems (Preferably McAfee and Trend)
o Single sign-on technologies - SAML 2.0 protocol, ADFS 2.0
o PKI – including Active Directory-integrated
• Knowledge of network security devices and associated protocols
• Good knowledge of mobile device security
Desirable Technical Skills
• SIEM experience
• Good knowledge around information security best practices
• Working knowledge of SCCM and SCOM
• Patch management
• Privileged access management solutions
• ITIL Service Management Foundation certification (or equivalent)
• MCSA, MCSE, MCP
Our reward package is designed to offer you a competitive salary, a comprehensive range of employee benefits and the potential to receive an additional bonus each year, recognising the contribution you make to the firm.
You can choose from a variety of insurance policies, services and products to help you secure your financial future, protect your health and fitness, and make your life easier. You will receive 26 days’ holiday each year, with the option to purchase additional days, plus free access to market-leading health and wellbeing websites and services.
As you would expect, we will support you through the major events in your life, so we offer competitive maternity, flexible working and leave policies.
To apply for the Security Engineer position please click on the Apply now button.
Job reference information
||Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
||-- (Please reference Dice when calling)