We are looking for a Senior IT Project Manager to join this newly created team based in the Warrington area.
Our client is a leader in their sector and plays a key role in driving development within that sector. This recruitment forms part of a major IT transformation project for the business based in Warrington.
Based in Warrington the Senior IT Project Manager will be required to:
- Deliver complex projects to time, cost and quality initial across infrastructure and then software and then BAU
- Provide thought leadership and guidance to other members of the team, including Project Managers and Business Analysts
- Manage the activities within the project team to ensure timely progresses within budget
- Prepare and present standard project management artefacts such as project initiation documentation, project plans, risk and stakeholder's matrices and business cases
- Analyse project proposals alongside solution architects to determine time frame, budget, risk, and the appropriate process for successful delivery
- Establish the project plan and arrange for the recruitment or assignment of project personnel
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones and required activities and tasks
- Perform project risk assessments and implement mitigation plans
- Effectively hand over projects to business as usual, ensuring that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives preparing close out reports and final sponsor approval
The IT Senior Project Manager will have:
- A minimum of 5 years previous project management experience; in infrastructure, software or office environments
- PRINCE II or relevant qualifications and experience in project management methodologies (for example, PMI, Prince II and agile);
- A demonstrable track record of delivering projects to time, cost and quality;
- Strong stakeholder management skills and effective communicator;
- A strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; expertise in setting and managing customer expectations
- Experience of Azure Cloud and O365 migrations desirable.
The Senior IT Project Manager will be paid a salary of between £50,000 and £60,000 plus car allowance plus package